Agnostic.com

19 1

Has anyone here had a NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCE?

I have in November 2011...let's compare notes.

Thirdeye1957 3 Mar 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have. 1972... small arms fire caught me in S.E.Asia. made it back to base. Passed out while being pulled from the aircraft. Then, watched the entire scene play out as I was administered first aid prior to evac to hospital. So, is this just a heightened state of awareness from adrenaline, and whatever else your indocrine system is pumping through you?

A few.....

Actually I have had several. The most recent being last month, though according to the doctor it was not a near death experience but I was actually dead for 10 seconds. The previous one was when I was a kid, fell through the ice crossing a quarry. Was on my third time up for air and running out of steam when my toes caught the side of the bank and turned into claws and I managed to get out and around to the path out.
The most recent one, I was driving home from my son's hockey game. He was ahead of me in his car. The light at the intersection we were stopped at turned green, we started into the intersection and I felt a slight tingle in my head. Next thing I was aware of was a crashing sound and having no idea where I was or how I got there. I had passed out, gone down the road about 100 ft, crossed over and ran into a parked pickup in a parking lot. Later, in the hospital after they downloaded information from my pacemaker, they told me I had V-fib and was technically dead for 10 seconds, until the crash apparently was enough to shock my heart back into rythme. All the doctors told me I was a lucky guy, since most people who have a V-fib don't come out of it. According to info online, the chance of survival outside a hospital is only about 17%.
Anyway, my cousin asked if I saw the flash of white light. I did not! I also have a crazy religious friend who insisted that God saved me so that I could find him and get myself saved. I told her that I guess it's a good thing I don't believe then, or I would have been dead! Didn't go over too well LOL! Those 10 seconds, there was nothing, black, like other times when I was younger and passed out. So now, I have a turbo pacemaker with defib, and I will live god free until the next time I die! No fear, life is for living, not fear of dying.

No... Near Murder experience Yes.

Yes. But I got a transfusion and science delivered me.

Driving in Toowoomba.

I have, but in very vivid "imaginary" waking scenes.
Since I was a toddler, I remembered my past life before I was born, and would cross back over there in my "imagination" at will. After I started talking, the puzzled reactions of my mother to my stories warned me to never mention it again.
But I still did it.

Sometimes, I'd leave my body, go through the ceiling and to a dimension where I met all my friends, which were everyone, everywhere. We never had to talk, just "knew" everything about each of us, and what we were doing in our present incarnations.

My ex asked if her dress made her look fat and I answered. She later told me I was near death.

I have not had one and do not give them much credence, as I suspect is true of most here. Nevertheless I acknowledge that they are real personal subjective experiences that people have, and that many people consider them transformative or at least have a strong need to share the experience. So feel free to relate it. Just don't have particular expectations that people are generally going to validate it or share your conclusions about it.

yes, i nearly bled out but it was quite peaceful.

yes, but didn't experience anything, I was unconscious and drowned, but that was it.

A couple of "close calls," but nothing involving an "experience."

Yes. Nothing to see or learn here. Move along.

I could start counting lost track a while back if a cat has 9 live I have well surpassed that.

I believe there is a group here.

Out of Body Experience.

I was hit by a car on my bike and honestly felt my self almost go into a tunnel, like reversing into a vertical tunnel. However the driver stopped mid hit and really lessened the blow. Thank goodness. My elbow cracked their windshield though

Every minute of the day .

Yes, I was in a horrible car accident and lost several days due to head trauma. I didnt see any colors or light, I just remember hearing the odd sound of my grandmothers voice.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:41505
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.