Agnostic.com

39 1

Who else hates having a common name?

My name is so common that I can’t stand it anymore lol. I’ve considered changing it cause of how annoyingly common it is. I’ve had people get rude with me when I thought they were talking to me and wasn’t specific who they were talking to cause someone else had the same name. Anyone else ever have that problem .

EmeraldJewel 7 Oct 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

39 comments (26 - 39)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Never even thought about it before now.

I spent most of my life with the wrong name. Someone misspelled it on the hospital birth cert.
After I applied for a reverse mortgage, they told me I had an issue with the name.
So, I had to go to court to have it changed. I also dropped my middle name. No reason for a middle name.

Without a middle name, how would you know when your mom was mad at you?

@TheoryNumber3 When she was mad, I had to watch the sky. She could throw a high heel like a boomerang. And I never figured out how she made it come back.

@PondartIncbendog my kids say the same thing about shoes lol

Well, me and my friends take advantage to give nicknames to each other so we can make it easier on us. In my, my name is very common but, at school, most of the time I was the only one with that first name. The first time I got more guys with the same name we were 4 and all had the same second name. Now, that I live in Ireland, I don't know many people here with the same name as I have, although it's very common in Portuguese speaking countries as well as in Spanish speaking countries.

Do you have a less common middle name that you can switch to?

Here ya go

those folks that have an spelling that should be pronounced one way but they have decided or mom did to accent the wrong syllable or letters are a trip they get crazy that you said it wrong almost indignant my daughter has a really funny story about that ..... and these ppl know to listen for the wrong pronunciation and yet they act surprised ... this was in a line waiting for a table at a popular restaurant the name was called several times and finally right before they lost their spot this girl loudly pronounced her really stupid name no matter which way it was pronounced .... to others it was a real hoot though and my kid got a great story from it

I don't care and my name is common

bobwjr Level 10 Oct 20, 2019

well most ppl do

No.

So funny. I had a bathroom confrontation with a classmate "Lori" and also an M for more awkwardness.

We decided I would go by surname. Her surname sounded like a skin disease.

My first two names are Dennis Michael. I actually go by "Mike" and have for most of my life. You just cannot get more common than these names. You got me wondering now Jewel. If you hate your common name so much did they name you Mary? I became Mike because I hated to be called "Dennis the Menace." 🙂

denis is another family name brother uncle grand dad and more in England lol

Although I won't post my them here, I have three (common) first names (first,middle,last) and no intention of changing them. 🙂

I have 2 names which is really annoying. Neither are all that common. I don't really relate well to either of them, so getting a name change has crossed my mind as well.

That's awful that people are rude to you.Cannyou think of a nasty comeback?

Carin Level 8 Oct 19, 2019

if carin is your name its cool

@whiskywoman It's a nickname my parents picked out for me before I was born, and was spelled Karen until I started first grade, when they changed the spelling.

So many Mikes in my class we all just got nicknames, fortunately I have a last named that made for a good nickname.

Stenz Level 6 Oct 19, 2019

You'll appreciate this:

Lol i picked my own name. it’s not very common, at least where i live. the original name i was given was extremely common, but it was also considered feminine, so i had multiple reasons to hate it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:415942
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.