Agnostic.com

16 26

LINK White Christian Nationalism — Not Secularism — Is Destroying America | Sojourners

We knew this, but nice to have it confirmed by the xian side.

HippieChick58 9 Oct 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The Christians have made fools of themselves by being loyal to Trump who looks a lot like the anti-Christ.

I have no idea what white christian nationalism is, it sounds made up.

"This is the state of our “Christian” nation: Our government isn't working, and when it does it’s on behalf of behemoth corporations and influential lobbyists. "

I'm only one sentence in and I already vehemently disagree. Lobbying basically makes corruption illegal, and IMHO is the real enemy here.

This whole article is a minefield of speculative opinions and rampant identity politics. It ignores any goal and makes abstract any and all attempts to think rationally about these subjects.

The problem with liberalism, and in fact with the idea of freedom as it exists is that it is founded on a fundamental contradiction. If everyone is 100% free, then over time one person will take charge and the system will fall into despotism. In order to keep everyone nearly equal in terms of freedom, you have to limit key freedoms to prevent anyone from gaining to much power and therefore limiting anyone else's freedom.

Almost every problem we face today is a result of this fundamental contradiction.

This is so true. It says in the article to stop glorifying Christendom and glorify Christ instead. Isn't that how we got into this whole mess in the first place?

I think this article covers the real issue of christianity in America. Just an excuse to be violent, abusive, racist, xenophobic, sexist, homophobic, ignorant, corrupt, and legalistic.
I never thought one had to believe in God or Jesus in order to live your life as a caring, moral, honest, respectful person.
The Bible is like the original sci-fi, masters of the universe, star wars, etc. entertainment of it's day.
The folks who really need to read this article are the white christians in America.

United States of America [the government- its laws and capitalism slave labor intent of its laws] is the secret religion of the Masonic lodge secret religion racist devil worshippers since their freedom from England July 4th, 1776.

The biblical dictates that are written as metaphor and riddles can be understood and is what is leading the Masonic lodge secret religion racist devil worshippers.

Beast is a metaphor for laws of government.

Revelations 13:16-17 It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads,
so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.

Identification for taxation and government control. There is also from Federal courts case versus klu Klux Klan Masonic lodge governmental corruption organization et. al. Wichita Falls, Tx. And versus state of Texas e.t. a.l. Amarillo Tx, Federal courts allow "my teacher made me touch her p.p." More children can be trained to speak and act as if abused to allow government officials to have probable cause to wrongfully prosecute innocent people especially those who oppose their Masonic lodge secret religion racist devil worship European invasion since 1492. Jesus the Christ is lord of host Lucifer the devil.

Word Level 8 Oct 27, 2019

Pardon the phrase, but "Amen!"

Good article.

I respect Sojourners very much. Although it is a Christian magazine, in my opinion it is not out to destroy secularism; rather, it is a Christian voice against racism, sexism, injustice, and poverty.

There are very few, Christians that are speaking up against ‘racism, sexism, injustice and poverty!’ Most Christians I know just need to ‘save your soul’...then they may lend you a hand! Mostly, show how to pull yourself ‘up by your boot straps!’ (If i understood your post correctly?)

@Freedompath Believe me, I know whereof you speak! But to me this organization is barely obnoxious on that front (if at all) and is very committed to the social issues I find important. If you like, check Sojourners out at [sojo.net] . Peace.

@Wallace thanks I did check out...I hope some of the Evangelicals read it.

The absolute ignorance and hypocrisy of these people makes me sick to my stomach. Instead of living their lives as they see fit, they want to force their beliefs onto others and then scream discrimination and persecution when others simply demand the same rights that they have.

I was raised in this type of Christianity and I can attest that there are plenty among them, the majority I am certain, who don't give a rip about our democracy--they only want it if the majority thinks as they do.

Their beliefs are absolutely not compatible with personal freedoms. They are losing the culture war and they know it; and, if given the chance, in time, will be every bit as bad the Taliban--which is why they MUST be stopped.

My experience was similar in the past...to how you state it! Lol

I have pointed out to several of these types of christians that their forcing their beliefs on other who have no interest or desire is exactly like the Muslims forcing Sharia Law on their followers so quit trying to force Americans to your brand of bull and stay away from me. Backs 'em up a bit and they keep their mouths shut around me.

The ones that realize religion is being distorted...are overridden by the ‘never bending’ majority, I fear!

Instead of excoriating the Christians who have ditched Love Thy Neighbor for BUILD THE WALL, it's so much better to junk Christianity altogether. You STILL have to cherry-pick out the positive values from distant parts of the Bible. Overall, the Bible falls far, far, far behind the values that progressive non-believers live by. It's not Good News, it is the origninal FAKE NEWS. Nearly all of it is a lie and it's a waste of time trying to figure out what truth remains. If you think it's inspired by a god, you're an idiot.

...at least misguided!

Bollucks
Ignorance
Bullshit
Lies &
Excrement

No shit has been for a while

bobwjr Level 10 Oct 26, 2019

It has been a curse to America at least since the 1840s.

Pity it’s likely to go unread and unheeded by those to whom it refers!

Absolutely, totally, unambiguously and for certain agree. This is what happens when religion takes over a country and there have been countless evidence throughout history. Now we take a group, "Christian" (whatever that means) with thousands of sects and we get what we are getting. At least secularism is only 1 sect (if that).
Unfortunately, the driver is competition for resources and the more of us the fewer the resources and the more the competition. It becomes a matter of which tribe gets what resources.

Tribes in the past had to find a way to cooperate or they might all go down. The current ‘tribes’ don’t see the need, they behave as if their side has the ‘right’ answer, which in turn must limit better solutions that benefit everyone!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:418459
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.