Agnostic.com

179 4

WHAT'S YOUR POSITION ON ABORTION ?

Yes...No? Do you base your position on religion or science? Does the woman have the right to chose?

DUCHESSA 8 Nov 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

179 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

@FrankA No, you didn't say that...You implied the doctor has the right to advise her but at no time you mentioned the advise should be limited to his/her duties as a professional. No doctor, friend, relative has the right to advise a woman no / yes to abort based on his /her personal views.

My position on abortion is not based on religion or science just gut intuition. Has anyone ever tried to read forbidden grief? I just could not get through the book, it was like looking through holocaust pictures. At one point I realized this is insanity, this is just plain insanity. The whole thing can really screw with your head, it really can!

Science and yes women should have the right to choose.

Why "science"?

I will never understand why a woman who has decided to abort wastes energy telling her partner she is pregnant. She should abort w/o telling him / anybody her business. Gee, was customary to do so in the past.

If the man gets to choose too it's okay. After all, if she wants it and he doesn't he still has to pay for it. If they planned to have a kid and she changes her mind, not cool.

lerlo Level 8 July 28, 2019

The man doesn't suffer on his body all the changes / problems a woman does during nine months........neither risk his life...so he has not saying about this issue.

it wouldn't be the first man who "agrees" to have protected sex and, then, conveniently, finds out the condom was faulty...and he does so hoping his partner will be happy with becoming a mother..

Third, the biological father has to contribute monetarily

@DUCHESSA it's nice to just announce these proclamations but to have some basis for them would be nice. Let's start with your third one. The biological father has to contribute monetarily but he gets no say as to whether or not it gets born in the first place. Makes perfect sense to you right? The woman that had no idea while having sex that she might have a child right? And you believe that Man created the sexual production requiring women to do it so this is their penance right? So since the man can only get a child if a woman bears one, he has to keep having sex with women until he finds one willing to have a child, is that how it works? I understand you're just spewing the party line. How about we make it fair and if the man doesn't want the child and the woman does she's the one that contributes monetarily?

@lerlo Is the man responsibility to protect himself against getting a woman pregnant. The rest of your post is so full of sarcasm that it would be lowering oneself to answer / comment on your words. Bye.

I agree with the woman's choice. Choosing not to get pregnant is clearly the choice that will not affect the child.

while preventing the pregnancy is the ideal.......a fetus is not a child.

I personally wouldnt., but it should be your chouce what to do with your own body. A married woman still can't even get her tubes tied without husbands ok

Where? In USA? I doubt.

@DUCHESSA in Indiana. When i got my tubes tied my husband had to sign saying it was ok

@pamelab1968 I would have divorced him...get the tubes tied and then marry him again...maybe. 🙂 Is there also a law that ask the women to sign her OK when the guy wants to chop his ducts?

@Alvinsmama Whoever told you so should have faced malpractice.

@pamelab1968 Since when a man has any right over a woman? Since when a man decides how many kids a woman must have?

Changing the word baby to fetus does not change the reality that a human baby is in the womb. This baby either is sacred or is not. If sacred then we kill a sacred human being. If just a bunch of tissue, there is not problem because nothing is sacred.

Dear, place your agenda where it belongs...in the drawer. OK? An embryo / a fetus....is not a baby. period.

If men could get pregnant abortion would be free and there'd be a clinic on every corner

If lhuman life is not sacred then we have nothig to say. Infanticide, murder, genocide, and whatever else we identify as a means to reduce the population are ok. However, if human life is sacred the discussion changes. We have a situation where the most valuable entity on the planet is being murdered. Then we are in the wrong no matter how we want to frame the discussion.

See, what you see as human life I see as nothing but an embryo that can -and in many instances is- rejected by the woman's body. Yes, recurrent / spontaneous abortions caused by "lack of communication" between the immunologic system and the embryo.
Dear, an embryo is not a child,

@DUCHESSA We can frame this as being true only if we define what is in the womb as something different than human life. If we define this being as just cells or like a few things put together and dehumanize the child in utero, we feel free to do what we want. In all situations where we define humans as being less than human, we treat them as not sacred. The tactics of all genocides, including abortion, lead to the killing/murdering of people.

@noseenobelieve Turn it over as many times as you want...but i dare you to eat in front of a fetus (in a glass tube of course) and then to tell me how cute it is. No, dear, it is human in the embryological sense but with no independent life.

Your "pro-life agenda" doesn't make any rash on me...and for you to even attempt to force others to think as you do is arrogant ..to say the list.

It is my body! My decision! I'll do everything to have control over my body. It is, simple, a matter of self defense. If your church, religion or god wants to control MY body, they are as good as dead! Fuck them all!

@noseenobelieve Historically, even religions have defined a fetus as non-human. The Catholic Church allowed abortions up until the Civil War before 'quickening'. Judaism did not define a child as a human until its first birthday.
A blob of cells is not, to my mind, a person. I think you must posit the existence of a soul to make your argument. I do not believe in souls and I certainly do not think that a collection of cells is not a person until it has the capacity to live independently of the mother. Otherwise, how is a cancerous tumor not a 'child'. It, too, is a collection of cells growing within the body of a huan.

Infanticide, Genocide, Murder... What’s this a bible study. 😂

The numbers are extremely low for abortions after 21 weeks, so called late abortions are by no means a common procedure in most countries and are usually due to fetal abnormalities or mothers health or mental health. Late abortions are not even a thing, it’s been blown all out of proportion by the Pro-Life crowd who stretch any truth until it’s a scary lie. Kind of like the story that goes around every few years of an aborted fetus that cried for an hour before it finally died and the medical personnel did nothing, just let it lay there crying and suffering until it died. Complete fabrication, it’s be run down and is not true. Doctors that have been questioned about this say it would be impossible for a fetus with immature lungs to cry at all.

I think abortion is a sad thing for any women to go through. Unlike most Pro-Lifers I do not believe that women who get abortions are just sluts who didn’t get on birth control and now want to get rid of it. Even less do I believe that there’s tons of women running around getting 3rd trimester abortions at the drop of a hat. The Pro-Lifers have always played hard and fast with the lies. They come up with the most ridiculous and horrific stories and, like with religion in general, they just believe it, no questions asked. Taking away a women’s right to do what she thinks is best for her body is, and always will be, wrong. It doesn’t matter why, that’s the women’s life and you have no right to the whys, nor do you have the right to force her to carry a fetus if she doesn’t want to. Congress, the majority of which are old white males telling women what to do with their own bodies, these idiots that can barely find their ass with both hands, what could possibly be wrong about that? They want to make sure everyone has a right to buy guns, they don’t give a shit about the environment, they want to have their right to go shoot animals for sport and give guns to teachers to protect their students (on $35,000 a year, sure) and to decide who marries and who can’t, but damn, they don’t want a fetus aborted because that boys and girls is a crime against god.

""I think abortion is a sad thing for any women to go through.""""

Trust me, is not sad at all. When a woman decides to abort she knows exactly what she wants. The bull s...t the pro-lifers tell you about "sadness / guilt" is nothing but a technique they apply to prevent women from aborting. Once I knew a prolifer who was telling young girls "If you abort you will never be able to have a child. The pro-lifers take advantage of people's ignorance.

Your body, your decision

Woman's body, woman's choice. No one else's business beside her doctor's.

And who the h...ll is her doctor to opine outside of the medical issue?

While i would hope if I impregnated a woman, that she would decide to carry it full term, I have to go with it is a woman's choice.

Against late term abortion. Abortion in first trimester only.

Late term abortion is wrong...unless the pregnancy posses a risk for the woman's life.

My body. I abort a pregnancy anytime I want!

In 1983 I was pregnant. I was SO Excited! I was also 25, and fairly newly married. I had just gotten out of the military and joined my husband who was still active duty. At 4.5 months they did a sonogram, which I did not get the results of for a month. The baby had some anomalies, we were being referred to an Air Force Medical Center that had better ultrasound equipment and high risk maternity care. My husband was put on temporary duty to go with me. There they did more ultrasounds, x rays, genetic testing, everything. We were there for a week. The baby had multiple neural tube defects: spina bifida, anencephaly, and the front line didn't close. The danger was if I continued the pregnancy there was danger of miscarriage due to excess amniotic fluid build up caused by the anencephaly. If I went to term and delivered the baby would be born with brain damage due to the anencephaly and spina bifida. We chose to abort, and due to being so far along I had to deliver. The brain detached during birth. The baby also had cleft lip and cleft palate. The stomach, liver, and other organs were protruding from her body. She had NO hope of normal life. IF we went by your preference I would have been forced to carry to term and may have died. Ya know, I'm glad you weren't consulted. I have three healthy daughter and two grand children. Your opinion is worth exactly and precisely nothing when it comes to a body that isn't yours.

@HippieChick58 I don't know if you are addressing me...I don't think so..........If I was there when you decided to abort / deliver i would have supported you all the way.

@DUCHESSA actually I was addressing @Lochowitz6411.

I believe every individual woman should be able to choose what’s right for herself. No one else, especially a man, should decide what an individual (female) should do with regards to their own body.

I have never neededyo terminate a pregnancy. My body chose to do it three times. That is an abortion. A medical termination would involve a deliberate personal choice. There lies the issue it is a personal decision and in the same way as my miscarriages, no one else's business.

It is my body! Don't try to shove your bible up my ass or ....

zesty Level 7 Mar 1, 2019

Basically, my position is that I believe that women should have the right to make that choice and pretty much have since Roe. That doesn't mean I'm Pro-Abortion. Just means, it is none of my freaking business. And especially not the governments!

I always hated getting stuck with the “Pro-Abortion” tag. Abortion is a horrible thing for a women to face.

@Loridae Yes...is a horrible thing to face IF / ONLY you are talking about the post surgery discomfort.

I believe firmly in a woman's right to make her own decision about abortion, AND it's none of the government's or anyone else's business.

As a man, I feel have limited voting rights here. My 2 cents worth.

1. Abortion isn't the problem
  2. No one likes abortion

Address the problem:

1. Acceptance - we are hardwired to reproduce
  2. Education - Ensure knowledge of the all the consequences of #1
  3. Access to all necessary services

Though how to get that through the Pro-Birth lobby is a whole 'nuther question.

You will be surprised to find out how many men and women ARE NOT wired to reproduce. You will be, also, surprised to find out how many men and women had kids to please their own parents and / or to satisfy the norms of a society that cruelly judges those who don't want to become parents...specially how said society vilifies the women.

Somewhat in agreement with the rest of your post.

Neither my position nor yours, nor that of anyone else in the entire world matters - except for that of the individual woman considering an abortion.

Jnei Level 8 Feb 13, 2019

I believe that all women should have a right to an abortion. Women should be able to choose what happens to their bodies. Also, most abortions happen in the early stages of pregnancy and are a simple procedure. They don’t involve the chopping up of full grown fetuses like the conservatives want you to think.

No all conservative want you to believe "fetuses are chopped to pieces". I am a conservative and pro-choice.

No one should have the right to decide about as the person itself. Her body, her life, her decision. If someone has the the right to say no, others should have the right to say yes.

If we would say no to abortion because of killing a life, then we also need to say no to condoms, pills and sex for pleasure.

Yucel Level 3 Dec 15, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:4280
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.