Agnostic.com

11 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This is a very good thing....

Ohub Level 7 Dec 14, 2019

They obviously must be smarter than their religious parents.

Yes we typically are 😉 😛

"My friends say I am more empathetic than anyone they know," my daughter Claire, 29, said.

Claire is an atheist, as are her parents.

Photos:

1. Claire, 28, modeled dresses for a friend's pop-up store. 2018.

2. Claire, 28, married Matt, 34, at Lake Chelan, WA. September 2018. On the left, I'm in a burgundy dress I made.

Snow in September?

@GeorgeRocheleau

Look at how we are dressed. It's not snow. Lake Chelan is behind us.

They may be leaving religion and its death based program but will the believing boomers take them down with them anyway?

You don't need a religion that is against your LGBT friends. You don't need a church for community when you have social media.

This is the best news for the world that there can be. Without the Encumbrance of religion the people of the world might have a chance to fix the fuckups of all the previous generations before we all go extinct.

This is good news. In my opinion if anyone ever leaves religion and later comes back to it they either do not understand anything at all, or it involves a spouse of love interest.

A joy to read this. I never really considered the thought of a spouse pulling their companion back into religion.

So if I live to be 80, I wonder if I will get to witness the tearing down of multitudes of churches? I hope so.

Don't tear them down, those buildings can have many uses: homeless shelters, bars, brothels, museums, etc.

@PadraicM Waaay too hard to heat & cool, in most cases, and in cities many have No parking at all, not even for staff.

@PadraicM
Hmmm,. I don't know about that. I have thought of this often in the past. I was a licensed real estate appraiser for years. Churches usually have a lower property tax. Many of them are situated on land which has a higher and better use potential in commercial applications. It may not be cost effective to keep them when they are no longer viable economic enterprises. Please don't get me wrong, many of them have beautiful architecture and I would like to see them repurposed, but the future does not look good for those accumulations of bricks and sticks.

I have three grandkids. All are atheists. Warms my little heart 🙂

Some background and the 538 website:

FiveThirtyEight, sometimes rendered as 538, is a website that focuses on opinion poll analysis, politics, economics, and sports blogging. The website, which takes its name from the number of electors in the United States electoral college,[538 1] was founded on March 7, 2008 as a polling aggregation website with a blog created by analyst Nate Silver. In August 2010, the blog became a licensed feature of The New York Times online. It was renamed FiveThirtyEight: Nate Silver's Political Calculus.

FiveThirtyEight, sometimes rendered as 538, is a website that focuses on opinion poll analysis, politics, economics, and sports blogging. The website, which takes its name from the number of electors in the United States electoral college,[538 1] was founded on March 7, 2008 as a polling aggregation website with a blog created by analyst Nate Silver. In August 2010, the blog became a licensed feature of The New York Times online. It was renamed FiveThirtyEight: Nate Silver's Political Calculus.

In April 2018, it was announced that FiveThirtyEight would be transferred to ABC News (which, as with ESPN, is also part of The Walt Disney Company).

[en.m.wikipedia.org]

Pictures of Nate Silver and the 538 logo

Great and wonderful news, the more that leave the shackles of religions behind the better in my opinion.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:437723
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.