Agnostic.com

109 11

Would you date a woman that had sex on the first date?

Say you've been chatting with a woman for a bit, you have good conversations, similar world views, find her moderately attractive, etc. You decide to meet and go on a date. You end up sleeping together. Would you consider dating her with the possibility of it turning into a relationship?

• 188 votes
  • 1 vote
  • 5 votes
  • 30 votes
Marcie1974 8 Mar 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

109 comments (51 - 75)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

For her to have had sex with me on the first date I had to have had sex with her. How can I judge her for doing the same thing I did? I would not have had sex with her if I was not interested in her. I don't date to get sex, I date to find a woman to share my life with.

Would you consider joining us in the 21st Century? Your ruff needs updating.

Oh I’m most definitely in the 21st century....apparently the men in my area are not.

@Marcie1974 - must be that. Still shocks me how backward some parts of the US are.

@GoldenDoll can't argue backwardness of US but settling for less than what is possible isn't something for which any place can claim a monopoly.

@Silver1wun - Nonsense. Settling for less than what is possible is why things don't change.

@GoldenDoll Must be some misunderstanding because I fully agree with your statement about why 'things don't change'. Settling for less before things can ripen only changes if at all for the worst.

@Silver1wun OK sorry - must be the language barrier........

@GoldenDoll Yes Dear. 🙂 We here in America speak and write a bastardized form of the tongue.

@Silver1wun I know! My favourite is when you say "I could care less" & we say "I couldn't care less" which mean the same thing apparently. To us, your version means actually I could go a bit further in my care-lessing, whereas ours states quite clearly that we have reached the pinnacle of our care-lessing.

@GoldenDoll i don't get that either...ive always said i couldnt care less and used to get confused when people said they COULD. Id be like "so...why are you saying anything in the first place? Just tell me when ypu don't care anymore" xD

@GoldenDoll Many of us are absolutely aware of the difference between I couldn't care less and I could care less. I cringe every time I hear or see it. 🙂

I have done that exact thing. Many times. Three of them are ex wives.

This is a trick question, right?

It would damage any potential relationship. It reflects badly on both parties. As well as being detrimental to my respect for her, it would shows my lack of self control and respect.

That's much of the issue I would have.

@WizardBill my respect for myself has very little to do with ancient reasoning that I am dirty goods if I have sex.

Of course! We are not children.

When I think of all the women I dated and had to go through loads of hoops to get to the point of having sex and finding the sex lacking, I cringe. I'd rather start with having great sex and getting to know her better along the way.

SamL Level 7 Mar 28, 2018

Being gay, I would not date a woman.

That’s sexist! Kidding. How about if it was a guy?

@Marcie1974 With gay men it is very common to have sex on a first date. No real stigma attached either way.

@snytiger6 I’m not sure if it’s a midwestern thing or what but I’ve had guy friends tell me that if I give it up right away that the guy won’t consider me dating material. Or even just engaging in sexual talk they won’t take me seriously as someone to date. Just to hook up with.

So far that’s been my experience as well.

@Marcie1974 Well, I'v always lived in West coast states, California, Oreogn and Washington. And I have always lived near big cities.

I am awre of the general attitude of straight men who think tha "easy" firls are not dating or marriage material. I do recall girls who were considered "easy" as beign seen as emotionally damaged in high school and college. often they are seen as too "needy". In short their willingness to have sex is seen as a desperation to be wanted and a lack of self esteem in which they dont' feel they have anythign else worth offering in order to be wanted.

The preconceptions and prejudices, as I see them, are not always true.

In any case you never want to appear 'desperate" in any way, because desperation is never attractive to anyone... at least anyone taht you woudl actually want.

It is a bit unfair tht guys re nto held up to the same standards as women. I think generally men are bigger "sluts" than women are and more willing to "give it up."

@snytiger6 hmm, I never thought of that perspective of women being seen as needy if they have sex. I could see that at high school or college age. I’m freaking 44 and just have a high sex drive.....I would think that would be an asset.

@Marcie1974 Yea. That's definitely an asset in my book.

@Marcie1974 I think it really depends on the people involved. My best relationship was originally a one night stand, which extended to last over five years.

Anyway, usually men have the higher sex drives. A strategy many men employ is they have a "friend with benefits" to satisfy their sexual needs in between relationships. Then, at least theoretically, when they fidn a relationship, they break off the "benefits' arts of their friendship. I do not see any reason why women shoudl not also use the same strategy as men to get by and have sexual needs fulfilled when in between relationships.

@SKDeitch I would not agree with tht. I've often had sex on the first date, but some dates wanted to, but i didn't. It hs more to do with actually liking someone to some extent than it has to do with just "getting off".

Even for persons I had sex with for just "getting off" there were standards. Having a healthy sex drive does nto mean you are also indiscriminate about whom you have sex with. I think tht far mroe guys are indiscriminate than women.

@Marcie1974 - gosh it sounds like you're living in the 1950s.

@GoldenDoll I know. Judging by the answers on here I don’t know if it’s just a midwestern/Minnesota thing or what. I don’t necessarily want to hide my sexuality....but I also want to be taken seriously as someone to potentially date.

@SKDeitch I'm legally blind. I think I misread and missed the word "not" in the last sentence.

Yes, I don't see anything wrong on that, I mean I would think it happened because we were compatible, because I liked her enough to make me irresistible in her eyes.. I have had that kind of experience in my life..

The pole question and the title of the post don't quite match.

Are you asking if I would have sex with a woman who has had sex on first dates?

Or, are you asking if I would have sex with a woman on a first date?

Probably both.

I, like others have posted, are a bit more leary of such behavior.

But, at my age such new memories are yearned for daily.

Sometimes everything is just right. How can that be wrong?

A, if we've been chatting, we have a relationship.
2. I vote YESSSS!
iii. Sex wouldn't negate the possibility of dating. I don't think sex would automatically lead to dating, however.
Quatro -- If a woman seemed to not want any physical relationship (I'm not sure how long of a trail period there would be) then the realtionship would change and I wouldn't consider it dating.

I don't think there's anything wrong with making a grown up decision about your preferences. I question if the fear that most feel is a religious hangover from a life we've now stepped away from. "Thou shalt not commit adultery" after all we supposedly got the world's first STD from a guy who couldn't keep it in his pants for a sheep. I've spent a portion of my life on the road as a musician and I had to make spot decisions concerning sex with strangers. My encounters have lead me to some meaningful connections and valuable insights into what makes people tick. No one has to bear the weight of your life but you. Keep making adult decisions and keep growing.

It would be kind of silly to find a woman unworthy of a relationship because she had sex with me.

TBH that's what I'm hoping will happen.

I would do it. Obviously if it came to sex then I already had those feelings. To be honest though this has never happened to me. I have never had a one night stand or anything like that. But being who I am I tend to ve pretty open.

Not that I date women that often, my preference is men. But my exhusband and I had a one night stand, don't think that even counts as a first date, and ended up married for 20 years.

Kimba Level 7 Mar 28, 2018

You and he had a nice introduction.

Only had 4 relationships as such, 3 I had known for at least a year before dating, one of those I slept with on first date. The others were on the 2nd date. If the attraction is there.

While I wouldn’t judge someone who did that I am usually too reserved to have sex on a first date. I am an open progressive person but being that intimate on a first date is kinda alien to me. But there are exceptions to any rule I suppose.

Atheists. Gotta love’m.!!

I have, with far less buildup than the one described above. We went out, dug each other had a good time and at the end of a fun evening had sex. If we enjoyed it, we continued again next time.

I wouldn't want to sleep with anyone on a first, second, third, etc. date, unless we were exclusive first, and I wouldn't date someone who would sleep with anyone on a first date. They are either desperate, or sleep around so much they could be std-ridden.
Eew.

Why waste time...go for it.

"find her moderately attractive, etc"
There's something really wrong with that, but I can't play it.

I married one, does that count?

He’ll y!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:44526
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.