Agnostic.com

30 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

30 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

They should be arrested for indangering the public

This is spitting in the face of all the people who have to risk their health and possibly their lives to keep it from spreading.

Angee Level 4 Mar 24, 2020

If idiots were the only ones affected by their idiocy, I wouldn't have a problem with them doing whatever the hell they want; but, their idiocy affects others, therefore, I have a problem.

As of last Sunday, Louisiana had the fastest growth rate in new coronavirus cases of anyplace in the entire world. If a lot of stuff like this is going on, it's no wonder.

Sounds like they are ready to sing that old hymn, Nearer My God To Thee. Suckers....

Our Lady of Natural Selection

Deb57 Level 8 Mar 26, 2020

It should be called the Death Tabernacle Church!

Oh, how islamic of them. They should have their faces branded to be sure they are refused medical treatment.

Too bad the virus isn't more selective.

Just watched a news report that showed the number of confirmed cases in Louisiana has jumped faster, in 13 days, than anywhere else in the world.

[cnn.com]

Idiots there

Stupid is as stupid does. They are putting their lives in the hands of their non-existent god.

@anglophone All true, but they are also putting untold numbers of others at risk as well.

@KKGator Yes, and that their culpable stupidity puts other people at such risk makes me angry.

Y'all go hug up to Pat Robertson, he'll heal ya...for some blood diamonds!

Great, many will die

Will they, though?

And regardless of differences in views, is it really okay to say it's great for people to die?

Is that what were doing here?

@BryanLV if they are that stupid as to congregate in the midst of a pandemic, evolution and the law of probability will take care of the weakest links, regardless of what I say or do or you say or do or wish. So spare me your holier than thou attitude.

@Mofo1953 You are definitely holier than me.

@BryanLV Wow, brilliant and very original retort. Amazing!

@Mofo1953 Very original?

@BryanLV sarcasm is a bitch.

Maybe we should cordon off all the churches. Our governor has stated no assemblies even for religious purposes. These religious fanatics are trying to kill us all.

In Australia we now have restrictions on Funerals and Weddings, ONLY 10 Mourners are permitted at a Funeral and ONLY 5 at any Wedding.
Hey, the great news is, the Dunny Paper ( toilet paper) hoarding stampede has come to a halt, hotels, Night Clubs are closed down, restaurants can ONLY sell Take Away foods now, Sports Events are closed to the public or shut down completely as are ALL Churches, etc.

The Uk has gone further. NO religious services except funerals. Most fast food outlets have stopped even take-aways. McDonald's, Subway, etc.

@273kelvin I'd be okay then, haven't had Maccas or Subway for ages, don't miss them either, BUT I do enjoy my 'Sunday" lunch from our very nerby Fish and Chips outlet after I get the Sunday paper.

@Triphid My chip shop across the road is still open

I'm not surprised. Religious people aren't known for the critical thinking skills.

That's one way to reduce the religious population .

YAY! Let them gather and pray to their Holy Moly in the Sky. Just remember to use your head and keep the fuck away from them, nasty cretins the lot.

But did they die?

SCal Level 7 Mar 25, 2020

Give 'em time the virus will do as it will but sadly there are possibly many of us Heathens and Heretics may just succumb as well, though I most sincerely hope not.

@Triphid dude, people arent dying. More than 95% of people get flu like symptoms or less.

@BryanLV Have actualy seen the Covid 19 Death Toll world-wide lately?

@Triphid Just read back, man. Im not rehashing when ive already stated my positions.

@BryanLV So, what you are saying is that "more than 95% of people get flu like syptoms or less," is that correct?
So what happens to the remaining 4-5% of those who contract Covid 19, do they just simple disappear into thin air or something?
Wake up and smell reality, Covid 19 IS killing people.

@Triphid You tell me.

@BryanLV As at 12.00 noon on the 25th. of March, 2020 the W.H.O. ( World Health Organisation) reports that there have been 19,024 REPORTED Fatalities caused by Covid 19 across the world and the Fatality rate is STILL rising.
Are you enlightened as yet BryanLV?

@Triphid 12,000 people in the us have died from influenza between Oct. 1, 2019 through Feb. 1, 2020, and the number of deaths may be as high as 30,000. 

The CDC also estimates that up to 31 million Americans have caught the flu this season, with 210,000 to 370,000 flu sufferers hospitalized because of the virus. 

Globally, the World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that the flu kills 290,000 to 650,000 people per year. 

Please. Do tell me more.

[cdc.gov]

@Triphid We also know for a fact that testing is minimal and most people who contract covid have mild to no symptoms.

That certainly implies that the mortality rate much, much lower than is being reported, because many infected carriers are never tested and show no symptoms.

@BryanLV Yes the ordinary, for lack of a better term/phrase, kills hundreds of thousands every year BUT Covid 19 is NOT an ordinary mutation of Influenza is it?

Yes, Bryan, all of them died when they got home. Every single one.

There, a stupid answer to a monumentally stupid question.

@Corden At least my stupid question was funny, though.

My son lives in Louisiana with his grandfather who is on chemo for throat cancer. Ugh thankfully I raised a smart kid, which he pointed out with a rendition of “I know mom/I’m already doing that”

I wish it were true !! ("wish" being the key word )

twill Level 7 Mar 24, 2020

Stupid is as stupid does!

I am going to steal that one.

@anglophone Be my guest, don't forget to thank Forest Gump.

Just so you know, behind NY is Louisiana, they are in the bloom now. Fat Tuesday did not help . . .

"Pastor Tony Spell says the way to handle a pandemic is through the healing hand of Jesus.

That is our command, they shall lay hands on the sick and they shall recover.

Social distancing did not happen at the service, held outside."

Darwin Award Nominee. . . .

Sad for the people they will probably infect after they leave the church.

That's one way to reduce stupidity in society.

I wonder if we can get a report if any get Covid19?

Yep. In the obituarys.

Wow....it may just come to that...@PondartIncbendog

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:475046
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.