Agnostic.com

15 21

Agnostic.com has been trying to achieve eradication of loneliness since its inception:

[npr.org]

FrayedBear 9 Apr 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

And I think Agnostic is doing just that. Excellent post.

they are doing a splendid job there.

It certainly has. Made many friends here. Occasionally speak on phone, text, pm and even visit when invited.

In the end, we all live a duality. We are social animals who need others. At the same time we are individuals who need to be alone from time to time. The mix of the two is different for each of us. We often don't realize the right mix for us. And it is not easy to find that mix because it is context dependent and changes. So to find relationships that can help us manage the optimal mix of me and us is the magic we all seek. Some find it and many don't. It doesn't matter whether we are alone or in a relationship, that magic may still elude us.

interesting article! thanks for posting!

I'm lonely and not loving it. I should love it because I am doing the things I love to do but I was used to doing them knowing that others (or at least one other) were around somewhere. My mind said that I'm doing what I like and they are too. Sometimes we would talk and do things together but not 24/7. In the end I found I have deceived myself. This "perfect state" was destroyed by everything having to be about them. They were not loving it and wanted my head up their ass all the time. Being equal was not enough for them. Apparently it never was. This is more or less the story of my life. Apparently I cannot give enough.

The old give and take, you gave and she took it all. Still, you never know, there are people who are prepared to share instead of just either giving or taking.

Looked for synergy?

@Surfpirate I'm not complaining claiming "I gave so much." My complaint is rather that the other side had to have so much more, and more than I could give. I cannot be involved with someone 24/7.

I think that COVID-19 has changed everything. After my divorce, I realized that a significant other couldn't be my whole social life. So, I went out started meeting new friends and doing stuff. I had friends to go to movies with, parties, and bars. Now that's subsided. I do video chat and text them, but I am only in contact with my mom, who will die if she gets the virus. We are lucky to have agnostic.com, because we can make new friends with similar interests without having to risk our lives. I am back to facebook as well to talk to my new friends.

After 4 wives, 2 kids...I'm finally "lonely"...and loving it!

wow 2 was enough for me. Have lived in sin for last 20 plus years with no regrets. Single for first time in my life. If I wasn't quarantining I'd be out and about with friends.

We shouldn't feel as lonely as we do given the amount of us out there, but tack on the fact that religion is usually a taboo topic and yeah, we can certainly feel lonely. Thank you agnostics.

I am here for community, I live on an island with a population of around 500 with my wife who is also an atheist. There is one other atheist living on the island and thankfully only one church but it is difficult to have an intelligent conversation with the locals, however there is agnostic.com. 🙂
My friends are scattered all over the world as my wife and I have lived in several countries over the years but it is fun and intellectually stimulating to be able to converse with fellow atheists on this forum, even though it is unlikely that I will ever get to meet any of them in person due to my location.

Even though most of what appears on the site is still steeped in 'isms' it is still more entertaining and issue engaging at times than the morass of facebook or the sheer juvenility of twitter and the like.

Fbuk - illogical biased administation but useful for contacting subscribers not normally contactable.
Twit - you have identified for me why I have never been interested in its inanities. TY.

Not to mention the nastiness of Reddit, which seems usually to devolve into ugly namecalling.

By being more than just a dating site, it has certainly created plenty of social interaction between people who would never come across each other of platforms such as Facebook.

I'm not lonely. I just wish the other voices would shut up......I know what to do........

Shut up!

No,,,,you shut up!

@PondartIncbendog shhhh you’re disturbing the voices in my head!

Good at it

bobwjr Level 10 Apr 25, 2020

I'm pretty sure it has done a good job for many of us.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:488842
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.