Agnostic.com

39 19

LINK Evangelical fundamentalists who openly defied social distancing guidelines are dying of COVID-19 | Salon.com

I guess the Darwin Awards will be given out individually though.

Read up on the
Darwin Awards if you don't know what they are. [en.wikipedia.org]

snytiger6 9 May 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

39 comments (26 - 39)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Kind of sad to hear, BUT I wish that my Evangelidiot neighbour had the Internet and a computer, I'd send him that report since has so loudly proclaimed that Jesus/God has sent this virus to " cleanse the world of the disbelievers, Atheists and all other Scum so that the true believers can inherit it."

it's because it's novel? Isn't it?

Natural selection at work. Idiots abound.

They were warned.

I have been wanting to see some numbers of infections for these people and while the numbers shown in the article are for pastors, I want to see the affect/effect on entire congregations. Of course it is reasonable to assume that if pastors have been infected and have died so have members of the congregations.

That'll learn 'em, learn 'em good and proper!

Well, that's good then.

That’s just it. Disobedience.

Hearing that makes me hungry! Evangelicals have higher obesity rates than average I bet, and eat high fat foods. So that might make them good eatin's! We could have fun and speak in tongues and spastic-dance around while we prepare a good stew! Glory!

Unfortunately, I think many of the poorer congregations don't have the ability to do virtual meetings. This is a big change and it has come suddenly with little chance to adapt. Still, people should understand the risks to themselves and other but seem to not.

So what, then meet in a large open field with social distancing. There are solutions to any problem.

@starwatcher-al Yeah why not, didn't their mythological Jeebus do that with the 'Sermon on the Mount' and he did WITHOUTeven having a Bullhorn or amplification as well.

@Triphid Yeah, the only real reason for meeting in a building is to pay for that building and the preacher's lear jet and mistresses.

@starwatcher-al There was a report on NPR this morning about a similar issue. The report stressed, we cannot fully understand others actions and sometimes it's best to try to rather than create more polarization and instantly condemn them. First impressions may not be accurate.

You're assuming they might feel bad about dying prematurely when in fact they might be overjoyed about meeting Jesus sooner.

The thing is, the vast numbers of people dying every day, are still mostly completely unable to control their exposure/ make choices that could have changed things. Karma or Darwin doesn't apply to just the few belligerant religious folks whove made the headlines. It applies to everyone, so if youre going to invoke it here, youve got to invoke it for everyone. Maybe investigate how many of them were mean to their kids, or (fabulous work around for karma), did something wrong in a previous life.

@JohnnyQB google

@JohnnyQB true that, but read through the replies here and on other threads like this one, and you'll find that many people on this site enjoy magical thinking about who deserves to die

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:492412
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.