Agnostic.com

21 8

LINK Christian TV Host Rick Wiles: “We Are Going to Impose Christian Rule in this Country”

I remember in history class learning how many persons first came form Europe to the American continent for religious freedom. Now the far right wants to impose their religion onto everyone else, which would pretty much end religious freedom in the U.S.

snytiger6 9 May 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

21 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Your history teacher taught you a very biased view. The Pilgrims, etc., came for their own religious freedom, but also rigidly imposed their own sectarian practices as the only ones allowed. In Plymouth colony, "freedom of religion" was merely freedom from the Church of England.

Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it. The dumb ass leading this country is a perfect example.

Pastor Rick certainly seems like the fun and jovial sort. My favorite part was his admonition to those who support reproductive rights will spend eternity being aborted continuously forever by demons in Hell. He also seems to really hate the Jews.

Don't ya just love Xians?

No problem. They just need to ammend the constitution to nullify the first ammendment. It’s a fairy obscure amendment that only lawyers may have heard of while studying for the bar exam. I hear it’s quite an easy process to enact a change to the constitution too.

We must strengthen the wall of separation between church and state!

they can try as they always do, more people will continue abandoning their bullshit religion

Religious freedom in 'merca has always struggled. I would interpret that to admitting that 'merca is NOT a christian nation.

Where the hell did I leave my SMITE button?

It's all about power.

Welcome to the bigotry of the clinically insane.

With all the conservative judges the republicans are approving in record numbers, they may get their wish to impose whatever they want.

It is the nature of religious zealots to demand the rule of their god/gods. They do it for what they perceive as for the good.
I intend to rediscover two studies done on Islam and at what percentage they impose their will and then take over a society. They were interesting reads on how a significant minority can overrun the majority. It would seem that Rick Wiles shows that it is not limited to Islam.
Beware America, get rid of Trump to avoid the state becoming just a chapter of religion. If Trump wins, then Pence may become his replacement. Evangelicals are well practiced at propaganda and debate to the stupid. They change questions to fit their answers, not evidence backed truth.

Why anybody pays any attention whatdsoever to these fathead ranters is beyond me.......

We need to keep listening though.

Well, yes, the few immigrated to escape persecution but the primary reason the majority came was that the king gave his cronies large parcels of land & it needed to be inhabited in order to make a buck which resulted in the colonisation of the Americas.
Having said that, it's the same old 'manifest destiny, shining city on a hill, exceptionalism' BS that you still hear from fundies & politicians.

It ain't going to happen. They have been spouting that crap forever.

He has forgotten about the constitution.

Bullshit. They just WISH. Too many of us see right through them and their hypocrisy.

Yes. And I own a shotgun too. I will not be alive when that day comes.

That website looks interesting. I will save it in my faves

twill Level 7 May 22, 2020

Sorry, but he dose not speak for people on the right, much less Trump. As a matter of fact, this guy hates Trump as well.. This Rick person is not worth the time or effort it takes to worry about him.

They'll try, and that is about as far as it will go.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:498106
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.