Agnostic.com

55 4

Do you love to hike?

Do you like to go hiking? If so how often do you go?

• 19 votes
  • 44 votes
  • 14 votes
  • 5 votes
Terohime 5 Apr 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

55 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I love hiking to high alpine lakes surrounded by white glaciers and jagged mountain peaks. After dark, I look up and feel awed by the glowing Milky Way and billions of sparkling stars.

After graduating from the University of Michigan at age 21, I moved to Washington State to climb mountains and stayed. I fell in love with hiking and backpacking. Hiking is an uplifting and transcendent experience for me. I feel grounded and centered high in the mountains.

In 2017, I set a personal record by hiking 326 miles with over 62,200 feet of elevation gain. My women’s hiking group has boiled down to three strong hikers. We hike each Tuesday. In the winter, we keep going on snowshoes and micro-spikes. “Don’t slog in the bog; get high on the ridges!” has been my hiking motto since age 21.

that is dedication.

boom, I love hiking! It gives me great joy. Each time I go, I have fun.

"I had a wonderful time!" I always tell Karen as we drive home. We take her car because she has a dog.

I have done it a little but spontaneously

I hike every day.

I want a hiking buddy. It's been 2 years since I've hiked. Great fun.

I used to hike for a living as a New York State Naturalist. But since moving to Georgia, I am not as motivated. I still would like to.

I like it but I do it maybe every few years because of my physical disability

Real hiking, or just wandering around? I prefer to stroll through the woods, off the path at a nice leisurely pace, but I'm not too interested in difficult terrain or calling upon my non-existent boyscout skills.

Is there an option for, 'I love to hike but I live in boring, flat Ohio so my options are limited'? That's the option I need. Hiking in New Zealand is the most amazing experience I've had, though. 10/10 Would recommend.

Not sure where you are in Ohio but if you are southwest red river gorge is not far and it’s amazing!

@Happyone I'm Northwest, but definitely willing to travel and check it out!

5 days a week, carrying cumbersome gps unit, wood, machetes, phone...

I have hiked in the past and will so so again. Your poll is lacking the option I need.

Once weekly

godef Level 7 Apr 4, 2018

Hiking is what I yearn for. If it doesn't help to feed you, warm you, or warm your food and you, it's unnecessary.

So, I love hiking, but I don't have much opportunity to do it right now what with college

Hiking from class to class

@NothinnXpreVails pretty much!

I like to hike, used to hike regularly with my family back home. These days, I never have the time, but I'll probably take it up again eventually

I absolutely love to hike. I want to hike the APPALACHIAN TRAIL one more time. I want to hike the whole trail once more. I just need a group that has the time to go along.

The moment I can save the cash (probably never 😟 ). Of the two items on my bucket list the Appalachian trail is number 1.

I like to hike up my leg.

At least every 2nd day, though as often as not at night. Days can be too hot.

I love to hike, but there's no one who wants to go with me.

If you and I lived close so we could meet, we would go dancing, hiking and perhaps other activities whenever we could.

@jlynn37 I wish. No atheists/agnostics are around me in the GoG. (Garden of The Gods area)

I don't hike, but that's only because nobody's found a way to do so while using a parasol. I'm one of those people who burns bright red in about five minutes, even with sunscreen. If I cover up with clothing, I overheat. Sad, really, because I like the outdoors.

I feel your pain! I am the same way. I love the thought of beaches, but the memory of sunburns keeps me away.

do you use zinc sunscreen?

I was avid in my youth, did the AT in the 80's and have many fond memories hiking. I have not been hiking as I think of hiking in many years, I have been for walks.
I LOVE nature and wilderness, and having spent much of my life in it, have no illusions it loves me in return.

@Shelton I did it backwards from Kathadin in Maine (home) south to Ga

@Davesnothere a dream of mine. My cousin and his wife did this last summer

@Shelton Well I was once upon a time lol

Breathing the air bring so much strength.

I enjoy camping and I spend my days at the campground hiking trails every day before noon and again after 4pm. I used to hike 10-15 miles a day camping now down to just 2-3 miles per day (thus proving that age is more than just a number). I do take a walk every day in my neighborhood.

sounds like you are doing great

@btroje Life is good.

What's the difference between a hike and a walk?

for me a walk is something I don't have to carry special gear and food for but thats just me

I would say a walk is around your neighborhood or at a gym or track and a hike is on a trail in a natural area.

I love to hike when I can... I don't get to hike as often as I used to... I'd like to go on a hike with you!

I love hiking. Have done many, but not recently so your poll is inaccurate for me. Would love to do more!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:50298
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.