Agnostic.com

86 18

Would you live in a 400 sq ft home, if it meant you could live in an absolutely beautiful place?

You can live in the most beautiful place you've ever seen, but your house would be ... not so great and tiny. Do you think it is worth the trade-off?

silvereyes 8 Apr 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

86 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I live on a 32 ft sailboat, with a fabulous view, so YES

I live in a cottage that is a converted garage. Don't know the square footage, but it's not a lot. My view is pretty great. I really have no complaints.

@silvereyes It really is!

Yes, I would live in a tent if I could be someplace beautiful.

My apt is 330 sq ft. Lov it!

Hey I would live in a 100ft square place if necessary.

I could live in a tool shed if need be. 😀

Absolutely!

Most definitely. My aspiration is to convert a school bus which is much less than 400 square feet and travel to beautiful destinations around the country.

Been there done that it was grate

Yup live outside sleep inside

☉Sunny small island beach, yes please❣and I'm bringing the furbabies.?

Emme Level 7 Apr 5, 2018

I've already downsized to 600 sq ft, and it's been freeing to have a smaller space with less "stuff."

I can get comfortable anywhere, it's just me.

Yes. Less stuff to clean. More time to enjoy.

Only if it were on a trailer so I could move it from one amazing place to another.

i used to live in an under 200 sq ft home in the best place ever - & i would again!

yep, my space is not restricted by the walls, if the surrounds are awesome that is part of it for me.

@Rugglesby, piece of cake in a climate like we have to endure here 😉

@walklightly That's true, it's a hard life, but someone has to do it. 🥳

@silvereyes, & it was - until the drought broke 3 years later, & my garden kept swimming down the creek! that's what setting up naively on a floodplain does to "bliss" 😟

400 sq ft footprint? Then ya, if it had 4 stories and an elevator..... X-)

I handle things quite well with two cat in a 360 sq ft trailer in an RV park next to a beautiful desert in Arizona.

Of course! Less is more, right? 🙂

Definitely!!! Actually looking to move that direction!!! Been looking for just the right property and location!!! I think a tree house would be cool also!!!!

I would love to buy a large scenic property and live in a tiny guest house on the property. I'd AirBNB the large house for all but about 3 weeks of the year. I'd then have a large home for "Carrot Cake Day", for Thanksgiving and for a week in the spring/summer. I like entertaining and going overboard every now and then, but feel suffocated by space and my tendency to acquire junk when I have too much space, so it seems like a brilliant compromise to me.

I built a 328 sq ft urban cabin six years ago. Electric heat and water and got a Nissan Leaf this year to go with it. My bills are manageable even on a small income. Having worked on a few fishing boats I saw the benefits of living small. If I started a cult minimalism would one of it’s cornerstones.

Well, in a word YES. I'm currently living in an artist loft that is approximately 600 square feet. I would like it to be in an area that is warm year-round. The snow and ice (like today) in Colorado keeps me inside.I'm a summer girl from SoCal. The place wouldn't have to be in SoCal, it would be best in a tropical area. I've spent plenty of time in Mexico to know that I would definitely live there in a little palapa!

I am glad this is clarified. I wondered about the pronunciation of CalGirl.

For 1 person? Maybe. For more than 1 person? No.

Good point. I didn't even think of that.

Yes!! In fact that is my future plan!

no problem at all !

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:50414
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.