Agnostic.com

23 32

So my parent's church which I visited for Father's Day is now experiencing members coming down with COVID. Huh. How odd. No gloves, masks, social distancing, and with handshakes and hugs. How could this possibly happen...? So weird. I guess Jesus didn't protect them from being stupid.
I've been fine so far. No symptoms. I wish this mess would pass quickly.

OnlyAGhost 5 July 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

23 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Idiots. Natural selection at work.

I don't know after reading the post my mind flashed a picture of Moe Howard saying imbeciles. But idiots is a good answer too. 😉

and he should know

Oh, it could not be GOD, it had to be the DEVIL! . . . . . So I guess the devil was in church! Ha ha ha ha ha

You visited a church ?. I know we all hold our fathers in high regard but I think that went far beyond the call of duty.

Yeah. Just that once...
What's even worse is that it's an Apostolic Pentecostal church. One of the strictest and craziest of the denominations.

Thank you. I will try.

@SeaGreenEyez I was thinking more of the possibility of being infected by covid-19 All places of worship here have been closed from the 23 March and have very recently opened for individuals to use them but no group gatherings.

@SeaGreenEyez Are you desperate for a Darwin award then ??

Maybe they did not pray hard enough or give enough of money to the church. That must be it.

Stupid is as stupid does. Sadly they have to learn the hard way that god won't protect them.

Blessed are those that refuse to use the brains that their God gave them.

@anglophone
So you have evidence for a god?

@xenoview Yes, He is commonly known as Thor, and the evidence is apparent with every thunderstorm that passes overhead.

Still you went?

What I don't understand is the fact that it's known that indoor gatherings pose greater risk -- so why didn't they just meet in their parking lot and use loud speakers and allow everyone to attend from their cars with the windows down (and masks on)? Why did they choose do so many risky things at once?

Hope you're ok ... after all , "the blood of Christ" won't save heathens !

Another huge mistery that nobody knows how it came to be. Could it be the lack of protection? Nah!

Stay safe use ppe equipment

bobwjr Level 10 July 1, 2020

Thank you. I do wear a mask and gloves at work, although it’s just me and my boss. I’m good so far.

Oh my.. Be safe ..

Thank you. I will.

The stupid, like the poor, shall be forever with us.

All the things you mentioned they are not doing; I.e. wearing mask etc. is part of prevention. “Prevention is the best cure”. Some have to learn the hard way.. sorry to hear...

And some are quite incapable of learning regardless of how hard things get.

Imagine a man sleeping with a handgun under his pillow. A phone rings and he quickly grabs the gun and blows his brains out.

And that has anything to do with this post how?

@redhog Maybe because Jesus did not protect him from being stupid.

Wishful thinking won't do a thing- except make things worse because people won't take precautions.
During the black death, people gathered in churches to pray. Bad idea. Of course, they didn't know about germs and viruses. But we do and have no excuse.
Many religious people deny science because it puts the shame to their little holy book.
If Jesus doesn't protect the thousands of children who die of starvation and disease every day, what makes them think that he will protect them? This is another example of shallow, selfish, self-centered thinking. Religion is good at that.

Oh dear, that's horrible 😟 I am so glad you didn't get any symptoms so far though; it would be a shame since your visit was not a regular one...

Just imagine for a moment what would happen if, instead of paying out trillions of dollars to the unemployed and business owners, just a single trillion was spent on vaccine research. Maybe a little of that is happening now...

It is highly unlikely that the bottleneck is money instead of time.

Money could have been spent way better in other ways though. Hopefully people will realize a lot of the poor outcomes are a direct result of awful leadership, but I'm not holding my breath.

@JeffMurray What I meant was, what if we actually gave sufficient priority to biomedical research at a much higher level on a routine basis, rather than what it actually gets.

Yes, at this point now, time is the bottleneck rather than money.

What if Trump had taken Obama's pandemic preparations seriously, and set to work on stockpiling PPE and ventilators for an inevitable pandemic, instead of trashing it all.

I don't see a connection between our failed leadership and the poor outcomes you mention. What are you referencing there?

@racocn8 Umm, you just said

What if Trump had taken Obama's pandemic preparations seriously, and set to work on stockpiling PPE and ventilators for an inevitable pandemic, instead of trashing it all.

So how exactly do you not get how poor outcomes are a direct result of his terrible leadership?

He's failed on testing.
He's failed on leading by example.
He's failed on presenting a unified message on prevention methods.
He's failed on everything. It's why other countries flattened their curve with their shutdowns and the US is spiraling out of control.

Darwin

They should be given a Darwin Award

[darwinawards.com]

I suppose you could think of it as a delayed Rapture, so many will be taken home to the Lord.

Hopefully all...

yes, it's Darwinian

What a shock!!

I know, right?!! I'm baffled!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:511189
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.