Agnostic.com

18 17

LINK FOURTEEN failed rapture predictions in 3 MONTHS (1 of 3: Predictions 1-4)

Religious persons can be really nutty.

snytiger6 9 July 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think its already happened and we're all in hell. I can't imagine any of these religious nuts getting to heaven

I wish the damn Rapture would hurry up! Think of the peace & quiet, and Sanity, after they all disappear!

Hmmmm. Makes me wonder if there is even a God. 🙂

Listening to christian radio today, the preacher went on and on about what signs are happening and how this meant it was the end time. He made it sound like earth was in the throes of unmitigated disasters and how covid19 was God's sign that we must be right with the Lord because he will be sweeping in accompanied by the choirs of angels.....on and on he went. I wish I had recorded his talk.

So sad that these religious humans don't want to see how cruel and sadistic is their God.

Was that the clown from Tennessee?

@BirdMan1 I live in Southern Ohio but it might have been a preacher from somewhere else. True fact. Last year I was driving in West Virginia and there was a local small church preacher, hard core appalachian accent and all, talking about how the Jews killed Jesus. I have a Jewish friend on facebook and messaged him about how shocked I was to hear this being said right on the radio. He told me it is more common than you think. Sigh.......I listen to christian radio just to try to practice the speech patterns....the elongated vooooooweeelllls. lol. Then I talk to my dog that way. She is not impressed....lol.

Is it really any wonder why these God-botherers NEVER seem to win the Lotteries, I mean they can't even predict when the world will end so how are they going to 'predict' the winning numbers.
I predict that somewhere around 5-6 billion years from now that the Sun will have used up all of its hydrogen, start collapsing inwards and begin burning up the helium then will expand outwards to engulf Mercury, Venus and, possibly, the Earth as well.
But I sincerely doubt that any of us will be around to see it happen.

I doubt that the Sun uses hydrogen, so I also doubt the related events you predict.

@yvilletom You have to be joking.
The sun is a massive Thermo-nuclear 'reactor' which, by nuclear fusion turns hydrogen into helium thus giving off light, heat and nuclear radiation, even my 6 year old nephew knows that fact.

@Triphid

A century ago, soon after the discovery of nuclear fusion, the astronomer Arthur Eddington hypothesized what no one could have tested. It still has not been tested, although NASA has sent instruments toward the sun.

I’m sure your nephew is a very perceptive youngster, but he knows only what he has read or been told.

Note: The SAFIRE Project study has yet to be publicly announced.

@yvilletom Okay Mr. Einstein 2.0 tell everyone exactly how the Sun works then.

@Triphid

Few people can afford the tuition I charge. You can start for free by going to www.newtoeu.com and downloading the free pdf file.

@yvilletom Sorry but I'm have NO desire what-so-ever to be tutored into becoming a rank idiot.
Were I interested in further education and learning, which I am ALREADY undertaking btw, I'd defintely stick with those who know such as the Recognised and Accredited Universities that I already study via.

@yvilletom I was once invited to check out a supposed science site, and found it ridiculous. No, I have not tried Icarus' trick to check it out personally, but given the science of spectroscopy, and so on, I believe that it's hydrogen, as stated.

@yvilletom P.S.: the SAFIRE model is testing what is known, in the vernacular as a "Theory."

@yvilletom The Sun survives by burning hydrogen atoms into helium atoms in its core. In fact, it burns through 600 million tons of hydrogen every second. And as the Sun's core becomes saturated with this helium, it shrinks, causing nuclear fusion reactions to speed up - which means that the Sun spits out more energy.

@yamaha45701 I suppose the next thing he'll try to tell us is that Earth is Falt, the Sun orbits around the Earth and the Earth is at the very centre of the Universe.

@Triphid I teach horticulture for in a community college and I try to do a basic outline of what is happening to the sun and how it produces light (plus and good old gamma rays, UV, ultraviolet, visible light, etc.) and relate that to plant growth. While I may not be 100% right all the time, I use a variety of established scientific information in putting my lectures together. I hope he reads the same material I am reading and perhaps it will make sense to him. Learning is fun.

@yamaha45701 Exactly and Knowledge IS no burden to carry either.

@yamaha45701 Being the proud owner of a brown thumb, I don’t tamper with growing plants. I understand your not tampering with graduate school physics and math.

@yamaha45701, @BirdMan1

Food for thought: the opening paragraph in Neil Tyson’s book Cosmology for People in a Hurry:

In the beginning, nearly fourteen billion years ago, all the space and all the matter and all the energy of the known universe was contained in a volume less than one-trillionth the size of the period that ends this sentence.

Do you believe Tyson?

@yvilletom I have read the book, and I do; not just because he says so. I have read many things about cosmology, and quantum physics, for the layman. Would you believe that photosynthesis works via quantum entanglement? I do.

@BirdMan1 It seems to me my friend that @yvilleton may have changed 'targets' so to speak and now you're in his erroneous 'firing line.'
Jeez Louise, I hope this joker does NOT have a Gun License because, imo, the ONLY safe place be around him when he is shooting would be to stand right in front of the gun.

@yvilletom Do you Truly and honestly believe EVERYTHING you are trying so hard to tell us?

@Triphid I’m no longer trying to tell you how to become, in your words above, a rank idiot.

@yvilletom That IS really good news, thank you for that and PLEASE feel mostv welcome to block me.

@Triphid

I’m no longer trying to tell you how to become, in your words above, a rank idiot. With millions of words and not a shred of evidence, the taxpayer-funded Church of the Big Bang has already done it.

@yvilletom Well, imo, keep on living in your tiny little world of delusions if that's what floats your tissue paper boat.

It just takes one hit or even a near hit on the wheel of life for these halfwits to feel vindicated in their delusion. Eventually there will be a solar eclipse (predictable) or a meteor strike or some other natural disaster that will drive them over the edge into an apocalyptic ecstasy.

I sincerely doubt that any of them could even hit a barn door with a bazooka even if they standing right up against it.

Sure, and the world was supposed to end in the year 1,000, after "A thousand years of Christ's reign."
Then there was Oct. 22, 1844, when, OOPs! Reverend Miller, of upstate NY, had to recalculate, twice. How about May 11, 2015? that's the day the Tennessee radio pastor who claimed to have checked, and re-checked his calculations, was certain the end was upon us. Some fool, who had gifted the guy $1 1/2, million was in times Square, NYC, with a reporter, at noon that day "knowing" that although it was midnight in Australia, May 16th, and nothing cataclysmic had yet happened, it was only a matter of a bit of time.
You can't fix stupid!

Or, maybe it was May 21st, 2011. The demons made me forget.

@BirdMan1 Ah, you've got Demons too, we shouild let them get together and have a really great party some time.....LOL.

And I doubt that IF any of these 'End of Times' Predictors have ever read the N.T. where it states clearly that this Jesus character ACTUALLY predicted that he WOULD return from Heaven in the Life-time of the Apostles.
Funny that, either Jesus' watch is running very very slow or the Apostles have discovered the Fountain of Eternal Youth....LOL.

@Triphid Not being a reader of the bible (well, I did read "Revelations" a couple of times, to see where the fools found the predictions) I did not know this. do you know where that is, in the fairy tale book?

@BirdMan1 You can find it in the 'Gospel' of Bartholemew but you need to get hold of the Goat-herders Guide to the Galaxy (bible) as it was written BEFORE the K.J. version was printed.
There is one of the orginal copies that I know of, and have read from cover to cover btw, available through the University Loan Scheme that operates here in Australia.

@Triphid That is the best name for that collection of fairy tales that I have ever come across!

@BirdMan1 Feel most free and most welcome to use it any place , any time and anywhere you wish.

@Triphid By the way, goat meat is pretty good stuff, especially when done up in a Caribbean style.

@BirdMan1 Tried it but still prefer Beef, Sheep, 'Roo, Wombat, Chicken ( NOT the Aussie Bushchook, aka Emu, though, way too oily) though.

@Triphid You've been around, then.

@BirdMan1 You could say that pretty much, but mostly around Australia though, not one for too much 'overses' traveling, though have to to Egypt and Oklahoma but both of those trips were over 20 years ago now.

"The LORD says the world will end,,,,,,Yesterday,,,,,??"

imbeciles. Thats all I can say about their prophecies at this point.

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.... Amazing how many people keep listening to these idiots no matter how many times they are wrong..

Love when they always use the phrase "God clearly tells us . . . (insert their own secret desires here)"

That gets me all warm and fuzzy for my teens(not really). My mother, a literal undiagnosed bipolar(...she would finally be diagnosed in her fifties) and evangelical BELIEVER, was confident the Lord had revealed to her that the rapture would happen sometime in 1982. When that failed to happen, she talked about new revelations that "clarified it was actually to be 1986. When that failed to happen, she conveniently forgot she had ever claimed such a thing and denied it until her death in 2004. Mom had a close friend just as delusional as herself, and they egged each other on into believing they were end time prophets alluded to in the Book of Revelations. Yes, devout religiosity is sometime hard to distinguish from mental illness. Sometimes they go hand in hand, Amen. 🙄

Well 1982 was nearly the end of the world. My brother was born lmmfao

Nothing like making a mountain of an dead sunken red ant hill, that was actually a black ant nest!!!

I predicted these predictions would fail.

N o kudos there, - far too easy 😉

It's just God testing their faith.by making them look foolish over and over and over...

To quote (sorta) from the worst Star Trek of all time - "why does God (Or here Satan) need a star ship (spacecraft)?"

He heard about the new mark IV photon torpedo and wanted to check it out. 😝 Oh yeah the movie sucked too.😉

That was the only good line in that movie !

@Ohub yeah 🙄

Yeah, when William Shatner writes the script, you know the movie will suck.

On the other hand, Trump is about as far away from Jesus as I can think of in terms of world leaders, so,... we do have the Anti-Christ on the scene....

Too bad all the Evangelicals are excited about him for the wrong reasons, then.

I had an evangelical tell me, secretly, during Obama, "I don't think Obama is the anti Christ, but I think he will usher him in." Hmm.

@Beowulfsfriend Obama did usher in the Antichrist. He is called Donald Trump.

On the serious end of this my religious friend claims Trump is not the Antichrist but Trump is ushering him in. Is it any wonder we are so screwed up as a nation? Look at all the crap we believe.

Where can I get a face mask like that?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:512193
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.