Agnostic.com

17 12

LINK Orange County school board votes for kids to return to school without requiring social distancing, masks - CNN

When I lived in Los Angeles, I referred to Orange County as "Behind the orange curtain".

It is nto as religious or republican as it once was, but they still have a ways to go.

snytiger6 9 July 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The Orange County hawk is a strange bird indeed! With its over-developed right wing and atrophied left, its corkscrew flight is not only dizzying to those who witness it; the birds themselves are prone to spectacular errors in navigation (and judgement).

In 2018, th eleft won all the Ornge country congressional seats. So, things are changing.

@snytiger6
That is good news!

love your characterization

How tragic. So much focus on getting re-elected and making a buck no matter how many collateral victims they will get.

Let them open. Let people get sick. The more people who get sick or know someone who gets sick and can't get help or tests, the better chance Biden has in November.

Vote Republicans out of office!

This is very important. If this is not done we have a president who wears a mask one day and says he was never against wearing them. Three days later he is with a game show host declaring that COVID-19 is all a hoax. So typical of the Donald that we should Dump.

I hope school districts wisely refuse to open.

Vote Republicans out of office!

Or let them get infected at much higher rates than wiser folk...

P.S. If you haven't read Mary Trump's book...get it. Read it. I read it in less than 24 hours. It's smart, concise...and - just - wow!

Then deport them all to antarctica

FFS, putting kids right in the path of the Covid virus.
Why not just line them up and shoot, sorry that's a wee bit on the passe side isn't it since that's already been done numerous times over BEFORE Covid struck.

Fucking insane , they kill kids

bobwjr Level 10 July 16, 2020

well, here comes a surge lol

redhog Level 7 July 16, 2020

This is purely political. Kudos for the majority of districts in OC that made that clear and are refusing to follow the school boards insane recommendation.

Says most districts will NOT comply.

I feel for any of you who live there and have school aged . What an awful decision.

How does those dummies expect to slow the Corona down for we all can return to normal.

They voted remotely?

Hypocrites much?

SCal Level 7 July 16, 2020

Hypocrisy is the flag of the right and evangelical types.

@Beowulfsfriend If you honestly believe that govt hypocrisy is only the flag of the right; you're a mark and gullible as shit.

@SCal I don't see myself as either - I'm cynical as shit, hypocrites abound, but they ARE more prevalent on the right and fill up the evangelical ranks. I simply said it was the flag..... if the flag fits, and you are a whiney con, plant it up your ass.

@Beowulfsfriend

Hypocrisy abounds equally from both sides.

There is no lesser evil. Two wings, same bird.

@SCal He never said only flag.

I’m in OC and quite relieved my daughter is out of high school now.
It is not as full-on Republican as it was, but I still feel I face an awful lot of conservative opposition to issues that arise. And currently, it seems as if Republican = anti-masks and anti-safety precautions. It’s a shame.

WTF are they thinking? I'm glad my kids school has opted for distance learning only, for when school resumes.

The wife and I are preparing to home school our little one...

Yeah, they voted "virtually" because it's to dangerous to be in a room together to do so, but somehow it's okay if the nation's children, school Administrator, Cafe workers, janitorial staff, teacher and their aides go into a crowded environment to work. The hypocrisy is obvious and insulting.

No one should have to teach in a class that each of those school board members didn't sit in with 30 other people for 40 hours a week for two weeks. Once they "demonstrate" that it is safe using their own health, I'll trust their opinion that it's safe. Otherwise I am reminded how they value profit over human life.

redbai Level 8 July 16, 2020
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:515952
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.