Agnostic.com

22 28

Wow, summer has gone by fast. Only a few weeks left. Get out and enjoy Mother Nature while you can. It's easy to be safe while enjoying her beauty. 🌻🙂

BeeHappy 9 Aug 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

22 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

hot tho. fall will be welcomed.

Well, it's been 108 degrees the last two days. Not every day is good to go outside.

As always, I have been hiking.

Nice pics!

There is no getting out and enjoying anything in this heat.

You're right, I forgot that's why I'm up here in Michigan for the summer.

We've had a summer of rains and thunderstorms to begin with and now extreme heat (extreme for us here is 27C plus). My 17.5 acres is now a rainforest with extra swamps and bogs. With all the rain and muddy grounds it was impossible to mow, and you don't really want to mow now when there's a chance of heat stroke. Most of us here don't have AC so when it gets hot it's a hassle trying to get buildings cool enough. When we had the heavy rains, many people had flooded basements. And, we haven't even mentioned the bugs. I'm a walking mass of mosquito bites. I hate bug spray so I have to cover up while outside in the heat, and the skeeters still get me!!! Even if I use bug spray they would still find the one spot that's missed. I do much better in the winter, honestly.

That's understandable.

I am more of an autumn person, with the cooler temperatures that are more invigorating, and the fall colors.

Me too. Summers in Northern New Mexico...perfect! Summers in Central Texas...not so much.

Not a fan of Summer. I'm looking forward to Fall 🙂.

I like fall too! 🙂

HARVEST!

Well we still have bloody horrible winter here. At the moment it is foggy as sh....t and it is cold too. Please, please spring hurry up.

Oh my!

Pandemic ... 😞 but I'm doing the Best I can ☺

I know, some areas are easier to maneuver than others.

@BeeHappy NYC is doing great but I'll wait a bit more.. I'll not risk my health or my babies. And Frankie too! Almost forgot my Love!

@Cutiebeauty Everyone has to do what's best for them. We take every precaution when we go out. Stay away from people, wear masks, wash hands and use sanitizer. I'm currently in a semi-rural area so it's easier to stay away from people.

@BeeHappy absolutely..

It is unseasonably cool in eastern Nebraska right now, this morning I went for a 1.66 mile walk. First time in weeks that I have been awake in the cool part of the day and that the "cool" part of the day was cool enough to take a long walk in.

Gorgeous pics! where were these taken?

Up near Port Austin, MI, the tip of the thumb.

@BeeHappy never been to michigan but these pics make me want to check it out!

@Redheadedgammy It's a beautiful state! Here are a couple pics from a camping trip in the Upper Peninsula a couple weeks ago.

@BeeHappy Wow, these are beautiful too. Love the waterfall pic! Thanks for sharing!!!

@Redheadedgammy My pleasure.

It has been in the 90's with humidity, I swear at 1000%. Just breathing is difficult!

I'm very fortunate to be able to leave the summer heat of the south for the summer.

Lovely pics, thanks for sharing!

You're welcome.

I'm one that would want summer forever. This year it will be gone and I still have a few things I did not get done.

That's what I was thinking about myself.

Good point; I'm tempted - thanks to you - to go for a walk on the beach - in the midst of this approaching storm (Isaias). I live on the beach in Ft. Pierce. will post pics later.

Stay safe my friend!

@BeeHappy Sorry about the orientation...it's been an unresolved issue with www.agnostic.com since May. Lots of Turtle nests being lost...and one being created...

@Robecology Sorry about the turtle nests. I had the same problem with the photos didn't know it was an ag.com issue.

We're having a hot and humid summer in Quebec.

Good pics. I recognize many of those places. Keep a smile on your face and love in your heart.

They are from the Michigan thumb area and yes I will. You too Ted. 😊

For you maybe, here in Florida we have had to experience a fucking nightmare of Covid 19 deniers starting with moRon de Santis and a hurricane sweeping the coast as we speak, record thousand numbers of contagions and deaths, particularly the morons that went to bars and beach parties without protection, and a fucking heat wave that doesn't go away. So please, I appreciate the power of positive thinking, but this has been the worst summer ever in Florida and time went by so slowly when you're NOT HAVING FUN!

For us summer doesn't end until October.

If you live in the North country, there's only two more weeks of bug season. And snow season doesn't start for at least four more weeks.So,the last two weeks of August are perfect for camping trips!

Good to know!

Actually, summer isn't even quite half over with. Still a little more than a month and a half remaining.

I guess it depends where you are.

Well, summer can't end fast enough for me, it's very dry, and it's been 112 + degrees. We are looking to cool down to 108 degrees. Hate the summers here in Vegas.

I feel you. That's one reason I spend the summer in Michigan. I'm lucky... I know not everyone can do that.

It's funny... Summer used to be my favorite season when I was younger. Now it is all the other 3! Living in the woods I prefer autumn days and the smell of leaves. (Even though I need to blow or rake them!) Also the winter snow and having a big fire in the fireplace while watching it come down. Spring is great watching all the new life come out.

Anymore... Summer means heat, tall weeds by the river, chiggers and ticks... And it's much harder for me to do my blacksmithing. Pounding on hot steel when it is 100 degrees with 90% humidity takes it out of me!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:520687
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.