Agnostic.com

53 4

Does the thought of dying alone scare you?

EmeraldJewel 7 Apr 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

53 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No.

Coldo Level 8 Apr 9, 2018

Nope. We all gotta go sometime. Maybe it’s because I’m single but I’m not afraid of going alone. If I was in a relationship, I might think a bit differently.

No not at all

@SACatWalker I may be young but death does not scare me. I made terms that everyone and everything is going to die. So there is no point in being scared to die or die alone. You always die alone. So live for now and today, no point in fearing something that is going to happen anyway.

@SACatWalker damn dude you got issues. I was just responding as a statement if i was assuming this i would have mentioned you directly. Gl and have a good day.

No but it depresses me. I am so overjoyed I could be there when my late partner died. This experience was the most profound thing I have ever (and will ever) experienced. When one puts their own needs aside to help another die is the ultimate love. Not many of us are fortunate enough to experience that!!

No not really. On the other hand, its comforting to know someone is going to miss you when you leave this world.

Really we are all alone when we die. I'm more bothered about any pets I mite have.

Make sure that you have a will and include your pets ...

yes, I know but they mean everything to me. thanks anyway.

Nope not at all.

I guess that would depend who is around. There's alot of people I wouldn't want there..

mostly the dying part....

The only thing that bothers me, is the welfare of my dogs if they dogs find me for days.

Not at all. I worry about my cats, but told the manager if my car does not move for a few dsys call mom. Mmm mom has cancer. Guess new plan is in order.

No. i think we all die alone. Even when theres loads of you

I refuse to die alone. Too depressing.

Dyingg prematurely scars me.

Yes, I'm scared of dying alone - not in the hospital but at home from a heart attack. To have my family find me crumpled on the floor or dead in the backyard because there was no one here to help render aid or help me reach out to 911 - scares the heck out of me.

And despite being a non-theist - I'm scared of dying period - I know that I shouldn't be - I was incapable of being scared before I became an I and the same will be true after I close my eyes for the final time. Nevertheless, it frightens me and rather than lead me toward a life of faith or spirituality or religion it fills me with resentment that life in the end is nothing more than a cruel sick fk'n joke.

Not nearly as much as dying with an audience.

No. Not at all.

Somewhat yes, how about you?

Nope! I’ll be completely unaware of anything, anyway.

For sure after you die, thats it lol

They cut the cord at birth... from the nipple to the bottle. You don't have to be alone.

No

No...I wonder if I might rather die alone? It hurts me to be a witness...when others are sad and hurting! I guess I never got that, 'hurting together thing,' down?

No I have dealt with that when I became an atheist and determined this is all there is.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:53712
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.