Agnostic.com

13 13

This is what happens when you have a country where most of the population is poorly educated, and their religion, which regards women as inferior to men, is forced onto them from an early age.

[bbc.com]

Petter 9 Oct 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Country? Not all of Earth?

Gang violence is prevalent in chimpanzees, rape is prevalent in orangutans, and infanticide in gorillas - three of our closest relations. Males top the hierarchy in all three.

Another branch of great apes and a close relation, bonobos, have the most peaceful societies. Tellingly, in bonobo societies, a coalition of females rule.

That's not to say that human males are destined to be violent. But I think that, compared to women, men are more predisposed to violence, by genetics and hormones and their effect on development. (Of course, culture and society play a huge role too.)

I truly believe that if women held the majority of political and economic power worldwide, the world would be healthier, better educated, and more peaceful and equitable.

Demonic Males: Apes and the Origins of Human Violence
By Richard W. Wrangham, Dale Peterson, 1996

[google.com]

Bonobos have lived for centuries in a peaceful area of plenty, without population pressure. Chimps, their almost identical relatives, live under population pressure in an area of fewer resources, with çonstant danger. Hence, their behaviours diverged.

Women are inferior to men only if they accept that premise.

Lest we be accused of finger pointing, our rape culture is a much greater problem than that of Bangladesh. "According to Ain o Salish Kendra, a Bangladeshi human rights organization, 907 women or girls were raped in just the first nine months of 2020." That awful number equates to 3.3 sexual assaults every day. But in the U.S., a country with roughly twice the population of Bangladesh, a staggering 98,213 rapes were reported in 2019, or 269 per day!

Both countries need to do more, to be sure. I imagine that the physical (not chemical) castration of rapists on a broad scale would be more effective than even the death penalty--there's nothing quite so sensitive to a man than the thought of losing his balls and having to live that way.
[hrw.org]
[statista.com]

If one is going to de-bollock a man why not go the whole way, so that he has to sit down for a pee?

Bangladesh to introduce death penalty for rape

[bbc.com]

In some countries , Women are stoned to death if they are raped.

Because religious leaders say it was their fault. 😠😡

@Petter Yes..Crazy isn't it

Disappointing, humans.

Mvtt Level 7 Oct 12, 2020

Yes indeed! Religion has a dreadful effect on America.

Hey, what the heck do you have against America dammit!

Women do not seem to be raping men who have less clothing on and want to attract attention. I read little of this happening. Almost none. Also, I'm not reading of lesbians where one woman cannot control herself and attacks the other one who had on less clothing. It's time to stop giving men a pass on this sort of issue. Men can control themselves also if they want and rape is not part of their nature. Reports of "she was asking for it" to explain why the woman got raped are all male bullshit. Religion dictates that the man has property and a carryover of that is women as his property. It causes some women to get raped regardless of the developmental stage of the country where the crime occurs.

Do I tell women that they look good, or look very sexy, etc? Yes, I do all the time. It doesn't mean that I follow them down the street saying these things as if I expect something and then get pissed coz they are ignoring me. Men often act like they have a license to screw you because they bought you dinner, then they get pissed coz you called it rape. No does not mean yes.

No one is arguing that point. The point is that too many religions regard women as a man's chattel.

@Petter I thought that was what I was explaining in a round about way and bringing it up into modern times as well. IDK.

Oops. I thought the story was going to be about the USA

Unfortunately, true.

Which is why starting with Reagan every Republican administration has tried to make education way too expensive for anyone with the capacity to use it, while keeping the doors open for wealthy cheaters like Trump. Giving someone like Trump a degree is like giving a degree to a blowfish.

Please don’t insult blowfish!! Lmao.

I have read also how these men say it is the woman’s fault that she gets raped because of the way she is dressed. 😡 blame the victim seems to be their reasoning.

Precisely so. In the same way that in Saudi Arabia an adulteress is stoned to death, the man involved is given a few lashes. Bloody male orientated religion.

@Gwendolyn2018 Sad when raped women are accused by brain-washed women.

@Gwendolyn2018 It’s Always been amazing to me that men are not held accountable for their behavior toward women they attack and rape. I have heard both men and women use that excuse about what a woman wears is the reason she’s raped. I guess men get a pass for not being able to control their urges!😡

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:542834
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.