Agnostic.com

26 2

Human

Can a human be a god?

#god
Anas-Hamdan 3 Oct 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

26 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I certainly am a goddess.

Yay!

Yes you are! 😊

Many woman are godesses in a mans eyes to be attended to in everyway they wish but not the spiritual kind as being referred to here ,even though some may thinks so

Can a human be imaginary?
God no, trust me, I’ve tried.

Kill a man, you're a murderer. Kill many, you're a conqueror. Kill them all, you're a God. That's the closest you can get to becoming a God.

Ask a cat. Better yet, ask a dog.

Reminds me of this one:

There are no gods. Gods are 100% the creation of human ignorance and their feeble minds.

SO true!

I hear the interview process and background checks are pretty intense.

JimG Level 8 Oct 22, 2020

Gods are imaginary, made up by humans to control people.

Certainly. Man made god in his image. That tells the entire story in a nutshell.

Anything can be made into a god: a a man, a woman, a dog, a goldfish, a can of tuna -- people can deify and worship anything they want and build a religion to support it. After that, it just has to catch on.

Ancient pharoes were worshipped as gods. Augustus Caesar was declared to be a god. Donald Trump declares he is.

Humans are made of atoms and molecules. What I'm told about gods, they're not.

I think my dog thinks I'm his god. I'm not sure what other animals comsider us to be.

Also, I noticed that some people worship others! it is not by praying and all this stuff! it is by obeying and surrender to them without thinking!

I guess, since neither can do anything right.

Perhaps to you, I prefer to consider myself on equal footing. But the royalty of many cultures were once considered to be Gods: [en.m.wikipedia.org]

People can certainly be respected and admired, which is probably all we can hope for really. Hero worship is probably less healthy and many people in powerful places actually suffer from imposter syndrome, even though they are amazing people and well placed to do their jobs 😉:
[psychologytoday.com]
Funny old world isn’t it? Lols.

We're mini gods. We create, we destroy, and then we die, just like a really big god does.
Plus, I think that we're god some creature.

Yes, those sand castles are a great learning curve for kids 🙂

Yes perhaps. But the clever inventors of gods, create imaginary gods without substance and claim to be their representatives. That way, there is no blame when things go wrong, but its reps. can take the second hand credit when things go right.

If "god" created us in his image, is he fat and ugly? This should answer your question.

According to Father Guido Sarducci, we should, like, be invisible. 🤭

The two definitions are opposites.

Apart from Pan and demi gods I guess 😊 [en.m.wikipedia.org]

. . . that's NOT a SCIENCE question/issue. 😛 😮

it could be science if you think about how much extend the human can be strong! for example, studies say that each generation is getting smarter than the one before, so how human will looks like. for example, look to the Pharaohs, they still have undiscovered civilization, and the level of science they reached at their time still discovered. They believe themselves gods because of their science and abilities.

@antireligious I was thinking the same thing, especially in the US.

People labeled themselves as gods before they labeled themselves as human.

Word Level 8 Oct 21, 2020

It seems everybody missed that, but it's a very valid point.

There is just enough Christ in me
To make me feel almost guilty
Is that why God made us breed
To make us see we're Humans Being
You break this, I'll break all that
You break my balls with all your crap
Spread your disease like lemmings breeding
That's what makes us humans being
Shine on, shine on
Shine on, shine on
Some low life flat head scum infects
The sickness in his eyes reflects
You wonder why your life is screaming
Wonder why your Humans Being
Shine on, shine on
Shine on, shine on
Humans
Humans being
We're just humans, humans being
That's what makes us
Humans being

Varn Level 8 Oct 23, 2020

Doesn't matter there is no such thing. Even the noun is worthless

In the true definition of one,No ,even though they may have the self imagery of one

When i used to stage manage plays in an amatuer thaetre group i was told by a director when the play went up i was god. I never got worshiped though

Please define "god" in this context.

There you go, being kind of picky. 😉

@oldFloyd Yes, that's me! 😉

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:545639
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.