Agnostic.com

46 8

What is the strangest thing ever said to you after
hearing you’re an atheist?

Wildgreens 8 Oct 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

46 comments (26 - 46)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

God bless your heart.

classic πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

"Where do you think you're gonna go when you die?!"

They already know right?πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

Really?? No you’re not!!

I get that one too.
Dictators

"Why?"

Currently I do not remember. Although I identify as atheist I do not often use the word. I talk around belief in such a way as to not openly anger the other person. This is because my workplace is a believer founder corporation and I am usually in my work environment.

Oh! And you gave me this piece of wood free?

No one has ever said anything to me about that. Maybe they aren't surprised.

Why? I say, why not..

"Oh my"

I'm sorry. Then I respond why?

"No you arent. You come from a (enter fav religion) family"

I admit I was momentarily flummoxed by that confident assessment of who I AM by my dad. To him religion is something you inherit from your family, like an ethnicity and can't ever change, even if you don't pray or believe. And I couldnt bring myself to respond quickly because I grew up thinking that way and it kinda made sense for a brief moment.

Dad-logic is very powerful and strange and can overwhelm actual logic, lol!

Strange? more like face-palm stupid:

"That means you don't believe in anything."

"That means you worship the devil."

"That means you have no morality."

I get my morals from my own conscience and from vegan cheese. πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

β€œSo do you believe in the devil?”

I guess they figure thats the only alternative.

"Only christians believe in the devil"

I don't believe in god, so why should I believe in someone with horns that wants to burn me?

@Holysocks my sentiments exactly!

"There's no such thing."

I don’t tell people I am an atheist .Why should I.

Nope you don’t have to at all.

Exactly.

"Atheist means that you're sure that there is no God. Its an arrogant term." I said, I think it means that a person lacks belief in any god." This person said they disagreed.

"Go back to Russia where you belong" I replied : " We Atheists think you should go back to Bethlehem where you DON'T belong.... IT'S your hell you burn in it "

I don't discuss such things.

A friend said, "I'll miss you when we are all in heaven with God's grace and you are burning in hell"

That was one way to emotionally control you.

I’ve have some debates and a few really good conversations about religion with some religious folks. Nothing really all too bad for the most part.

The best However, was when I ran off the door to door religious folks a couple times when I lived in Indiana. The last time they knocked, I was pretty rude. Really rude actually.

A few days later, someone put a four foot cross in my front yard with a sign that said β€œJesus Loves You”. The next day was trash day so I stood it upside down by the trash cans. It happened a second time, and I did the same thing.

It stopped for a bit then happened again a month or so later. I covered it in gas, set it on fire, called the police while it was still burning, and let them know what church loons had been doing the other ones. Never heard from them again. I assume they didn’t want to be accused of cross burning. But it worked.

Brilliant!!!

The 1st ever conversation with my aunt.
Where do you go to church?
I don't.
Why not?
I'm an atheist.
Oh, then I don't want to talk to you anymore.
Seriously?!
No but we just won't talk about it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:546410
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.