Agnostic.com

60 14

Being single

How many of you are sick of being single?

hOtMeSs2017 4 Apr 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

60 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hmmm, interesting question. My feeling about being single are like that of being hungry. Most of the time I am quite content being single, I have always been very independant. But like being hungry, sometimes I just want someone around. I have rarely managed that ballance of having someone who was equally independant, who was great having around because those times you want to spend time together they are there and the rest of the time they are not asking you to spend more time with them.
But it's easier to be single, I have a 10 year old and she fills my need for having someone around to pester inbetween what ever I'm doing. But I wish I could find a grown up who is equally independant and not in constaint need of my attention.
So I am not so much sick of being single, just tired of trying to find someoen who is a good fit, I think a flight attendant would be good, someone who is constaintly going away for days at a time so that by the time I get to missing them, there they are.

I am kind of hating it. It seems really hard to meet someone new once you hit 50, which I just did. I was in a long-term relationship that tanked about two years ago, I've done the work I needed to do, and I'm really ready to be a great partner but I can't find anyone. I miss it.

I do like the freedom that comes with being single, but there is some lonliness that comes with it as well. If you have a good relationship with someone but can't be with them all the time - it's still good being single. Having communities of people like this to talk to is a bonus.

It gets old and boring after the initial surge of freedom wears off.

At times you just want a decent conversation, a shared activity, company for dinner and a solid bang after.

I am tired of it too.

JK666 Level 7 Apr 12, 2018

I wouldn't use the word "sick" of it really. It just is nice to have someone around once in the while to do things with, share things, etc. I've been single now almost 4 yrs and I sure as hell do not want to go through that crap every again with the last one. I like my freedom but I also like the social connection with someone too.

Me. It sucks

I am single but I am not sick of being single it gives me a chance tostudy and learn about myself.
I am pleased that I have joined this forum here and learn so many new things and make a lot of new friend too.If I was not single I would not have the opportunity to get involve in this forum or make new friends
yes time is a great healer and will eventually find my other half or my soul mate keep being positive here

Rosh Level 7 Apr 11, 2018

I am not happy being single at all. I'm not a one-night-stand person, and I miss intimacy. I'm not about to jump into anything without a connection, but I'd like at least the chance to make one. My last LTR put sex off-limits, and I went with it to be with her.

Yep, me. I hate being single only slightly more than I hate being in a relationship. I've been single for about 5 years after a 3-year relationship that I broke off during my chemo because she was being a bitch. I'm ready for my next bad decision.

Only bad decision is not making a decision !

@VAL3941 LOL Completely disagree.

Do you hate yourself with all your negevity ? Things always improve, you must just have patience !

@VAL3941 LOL! Nothing you say makes any sense and your grammar is terrible. I guess I'm just realistic. Thanks for the laugh though.

Grammer problems are caused by finger problems. Does that make any sense ?

@VAL3941 Voice-to-text is a wonderful software invention.

Thats for lazy people and those that can't write. And I live in Africa..( smiles)

LOL. What does Africa have to do with this? Africa doesn't have Voice-to-text? Or grammar? That is the nonsensical reasoning I have been talking about here. SMH

I have only been partnered for about 10 years in my adult life. Being single has become such a part of my identity. I date and have had several meaningful relationships but they don't lead to commitment. I love solitude as I am a true introvert. I miss sharing life with and loving someone. Financially speaking, it's certainly easier with two incomes but.....but.....but....

Mostly single for past 25 years, all but 6 years of it, and totally single for past 14 years. Have a feeling I may be committed to it by now, even subconsciously and unintentionally.

It has it's ups and downs. There are some things that are ok to do by yourself, but other things you just don't want to do alone.

Thats what friends are for.

Not me !! I am 74 years old and been single for almost 35 years. No thank you,nI don't like reporting my movements to anyone, shopping with them ? Aaargh !! Time keeping ? I am a stickler for it. Really, I enjoy my own company too much.

I've hardly ever been "single" during my adult life, so now is my time. I love that all my time is my own to do whatever I want, nobody controlling my actions. Not tired of my freedom yet, but it's only been a month or so. I don't even feel like dating yet. I just want to relish my happy freedom and enjoy being the "me" I couldn't during my long marriage and more recent long relationship. Happy to be out of that!

Sometimes. I do think things are more enjoyable when you have someone to share things with. I have been single half of my adult life, so l know how to do this.

Be single for as long as you can. Learn to be happy by yourself. The only thing that should change it is finding someone you can't be without.

What he said.

Not me. I'm glad that phase of my life is over with--and I escaped without reproducing or getting married or divorced. What I want for myself now is not compatible with intimate familial and/or romantic relationships.

Not sure I'd want a live together relationship, but a girlfriend would be real nice.

Been single all my life because no woman wants me..

I think you been single all your life because you didn’t need to be with a woman bad enough not because no woman wants you. The needs was behind most of the inventions.

I haven't been single in so long.......What was the question?

Well, people want to marry pets and dogs,why do they even come here seeking human connection when in reality they are anti people?

I'm tired of being single, but I am becoming more used to being alone. This is probably just as well.

I really don’t care.

I am. It's getting old.

Gohan Level 7 Apr 10, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:54848
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.