Agnostic.com

27 10

I am an agnostic Atheist (Because i do not KNOW there is no god) but do you celebarate christmas? I DO. I like christmas even though i looked it up on the internet and have decided that christmas is a Pagan holiday. I BELIEVE that christians stole christmas from Saturnalia (Saturn) BUT I can not prove it.I enjoy christmas music and christmas movies and the whole christmas atmosphere. Do YOU still enjoy christmas?

jigsaw 5 Nov 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

27 comments (26 - 27)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The way it was explained to me is this.
in an agricultural society, there comes a point in the year when you have to decide what livestock you can feed through the winter and what you have to slaughter. The known event at this time is the winter solstice. If you use that then it keeps your yearly routine constant. Now there is only so much meat that you can preserve so you have a feast with the rest.
When I celebrate Christmas, it is touching base with all our ancestors that sat around the fire in days of yore.

I celebrate Bosquevus.

Bosquevus photos

Bosquevus is celebrated From the Winter Solstice until New Years. It combines the winter solstice, saturnalia, Hanukkah, Christmas, KWANZAA, and festivus.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:552534
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.