Agnostic.com

16 8

LINK A Seattle hiker was brought 'back from the dead' by doctors after his heart stopped for 45 minutes

What would Jesus say about someone stealing his show? The procedure was performed at Frankenstein Medical Center.

IAJO163 8 Nov 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

He was hypothermia and heart only stopped after reaching hospital

bobwjr Level 10 Nov 17, 2020

No white lights or stoplights when he woke up!!!

He wasn't dead.
He was mostly dead, there's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead.

Hiker alive and well after 'dying' for 45 minutes

[bbc.com]

And down, down, down, through a tunnel of honey I spun. Around and around, until out I plopped, betwixt matted hairy pillars. And I looked up. And I saw the face of BEAR, the Almighty. And BEAR looked down at me, and said: '" It is not your time yet! You are not fully digestable. I must chew you up, and feed on your flesh again, before expelling you through the tunnel of heavenly pooh!".

Ha, funny. Got it.
In reality, he was fortunate to go to a facility with ECMO capability. Most ERs don't have that. @Mofo1953-while the brain doesn't need as much oxygen with colder body temperature (see Advanced Cardiac Life Support-Targeted Temperature Management), when way too cold the heart can go into abnormal rhythms that don't pump blood. I really applaud the team that cared for him and got him off the mountain.

If he was in freezing cold weather, your brain doesn't suffer much for lack of oxygen.

He didn't die if they 'brought him back'

His heart was beating until they got him to the hospital. His heart stopped then, and they kept him alive (he didn't die) by oxygenating his blood and continuing to pump it while they played with his heart.

Way too many persons who have had CPR then have brain damage. At my age, I have a standing order of no CPR. The possibility of living with brain damage is more frightening to me than dying.
[medlineplus.gov]

They put his blood through an oxygenation system. Don't need a heart if they pump the blood for it.
You might as well say that anyone with a mechanical heart is dead, since their real heart stopped.

@AtheistInNC Yes, but it takes time to get the oxygenation system connected to the person...those seconds/minutes the brain cells are dying.

That figures

bobwjr Level 10 Nov 16, 2020

I think I would punch the doctor in the nose and scream “ now I have to die twice!”

That's FrankenSTEEN

Got the spare parts from “Abbie something”

There was a case several years ago where a man was frozen for several hours and revived. Seems the key is to be 'quick frozen' and thawed slowly.

And Dr. Frankenstein shouted loudly, " It's ALIVE, It's ALIVE." LOL

I got it with the Frankenstein Medical Center. Saw this on the news this morning and I had two take aways from it that media is not really into. The man was in a cold snowy area so he should be well preserved. In all of it, this seems like rigor had not set in yet. I believe once it does you are a goner for sure. What I am saying is that he was not really dead but would have been without this fascinating new medical machinery.

his heart was beating until they got him to the hospital. His heart stopped then, and they kept him alive (he didn't die) by oxygenating his blood and continuing to pump it while they played with his heart.

I will be waiting for his NDE story.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:553266
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.