Agnostic.com

79 6

Do you collect anything?

I collect porcelain dolls and money from all ages and around the world. My son collects baseball cards and comics. What do you enjoy collecting?

ashortbeauty 8 Apr 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

79 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have quite a few collections. This one might scare people, but I have pretty nice collection of religious paraphernalia specifically Catholic. Anything from statuary to holy water bottles. Nope I’m not Catholic never have been, there’s just something about the art that I enjoy and I’ve always liked the ritualism. That being said, I also collect toys from when I was a kid, Pezz dispensers I have over 100, Batman figures I have over 30, lots of curious George lots of hello Kitty. Some Star Wars but specifically anything to do with Chewbacca. I love collecting things and they’re all collecting dust. I do not collect to sell. I have no kids so I’m not really sure what I’m gonna do with all the stuff but somebody will want it I’m sure.

@JustJan I’d love to see your collections. I’m so excited that I’m not alone in my collecting. It’s nice to meet a fellow religious art collector. I’m so intrigued with your Lucy and Desi collection. It’s funny I just watched The Long, Long Trailer a few days ago!

I collect films on DVD and VHS especially Japanese and Korean Cinema.
However I also go through fads of collecting book on various none fiction subjects.

I collect a few things. Willow Tree figurines are my most recent fetish; they are so natural and earthy, and I love that they are faceless. I also have collections of small pewter pieces and rocks/shells/fossils from the places I travel/hike.

I can't reply to your comment directly for some reason, but thanks for the tip. I love walking over there, but I didn't know about that particular spot. I'll check it out. 🙂

I used to collect books and CD's. After a few years go by you find that both are not as important any longer. Also, you will run out of spave. I still have a few.

I have a porcelain doll collection. I'm also collecting languages that I'm learning. I know English, Spanish and Romanian...don't know what my next one will be yet.

Impressive on the languages

I tend to collect things along useful themes. I love to cook and have collected a ton of cooking gadgets. I also love woodworking and have amassed an extensive shop full of wood working tools.

Oooo woodworking 😀 love it

Mistakes <deep sigh>

• learning opportunities 😉

Yeah I have been box of them....but I also collect music, friends, joy, laughter & knowledge🙂

I collect books on crime and fish.

That is truely an eclectic collection.

I didn't write that properly lol. I collect books and I collect fish.

@LeighShelton I collect books, magazines... and write them about ornamental aquatics!

@BobFenner oh wow very cool

@LeighShelton Yeah Leigh. Is that your giant gourami?

@BobFenner yes and it's my third one. had them all my adult life. this is my giraffe catfish.

@LeighShelton Ahh! Have seen some of these in public aquariums that were huge.

@BobFenner its 28"

@LeighShelton Wowzah!

I love my fish--I have a catfish that is about 22 years old. I also started keeping goldfish, rosy minnows, gambusia & albino channel cats in out door ponds.

Too much, actually. Primarily magnets and Disney pins.

If I sit still for too long, I start to collect dust.

I collect momentos from trips, mugs, rocks and books

I collect memories. All the other stuff takes up too much space and once you die no one knows what to do with all the stuff you've collected. I'm sure a lot gets thrown away.

SamL Level 7 Apr 11, 2018

Guitars and gray hair.Not enjoying the gray hair part though.

I think we all have to deal with that at some point 😉

@ashortbeauty Collecting guitars? I hope not, more for me, lol.

@nvrnuff guess I should have specified lol

@ashortbeauty Not to worry, it's just the smart ass n me

I cannot like that statement enough....strings just shine......

I collect porcelain lennox cats. I must have about 30 of them. They remind me of the kitty I had for about 22 years, her name was monster and she was a persian himalayan, before they screwed with the line and made their faces all squashed up.

Various nicknaks..I have money from the countries I've visited...Pieces of explosives I've worked on..A couple pieces of the jets I worked on as well.

Friends. I collect friends.

I like to collect older currency.

Me too 🙂

I seem to have developed a sizeable t-shirt collection.

I have a houseful of antique furniture and MCM art pottery....I actually have the largest known collection of a certain type of MCM pottery with about 1000 pieces (thanks Grandma). I also have 150+/- of the Degenhart glass owls (over 240 colors were made)....and, as a chef, I have over 1000 cookbooks...

Wow

Old video games and vinyl.

I don't collect any one thing, but I am into mid century modern furniture. I tend to find projects, fix them up, then either keep them, give them to my kids, or re-sell. I just finished my first attempt at dyeing a leather chair. It didn't turn out too bad. I still have to put a protective coat on it. If my kids don't want it, I will sell it. Nothing wrong with a little extra cash!

This is the "before" shot.

This is a weird thing to collect but I collect rocks. Not valuable rocks, just interesting shapes and colored rocks. I live in an apartment at the moment but I used to put them in my backyard.

When you moved to your apartment, did you bring the rocks, or do the people who live in your old house now have a backyard with really cool rocks?
Just curious. 🙂

@scurry I left them there with my x-wife.. I had no place for them unfortunately. Besides it would have made a mess of the backyard and I didn't want to do that to her.

@paul1967 so your ex got custody of the cool rocks.
I hope she treats them well. 😉
Have you restarted to collection? Smaller maybe?

I am also a collector of rocks...I love rocks!@paul1967

@scurry No not until I buy a home. But I do collect fossils. That's something everyone should look into, it far more fun than it sounds.

@scurry, @Freedompath Really? I think you and I are the only two. Maybe not.

@paul1967 @freedompath fossils fascinate me, although I don't collect. Rocks & pebbles; I like colourful and smooth, and geodes are pretty cool too.
My brother-in-law studied geology and would 'talk rocks' a lot.

I collect beautiful memories.

I still have my comic book collection...🙂

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:55373
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.