Agnostic.com

79 4

Famous person?

Who is the most famous person you've ever met face to face? Ive been to MANY sci_fi, comic, and fantasy cons and met tons of famous people. Who's your big meet?

jamessmithwick 6 Apr 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

79 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Mario Lemieux and Ron Francis. Well, I saw them.

I almost ran over Anthony Hopkins in a store. Came around the corner and plowed right into him. He was really nice considering.

I met the govenor of my state once, even shook his hand. Never liked the dude though, plus this state is known for corruption. That's sadly the best I got 😀.

I was a movie extra in both the Seabiscuit and Secretariat movies, so got to meet the actors in those.
I was the most intrigued by John Malkovich because "Being John Malkovich" is one of my favorite movies.

BJM is one of my faves, too! Just showed it to my elder son and he loved it!

I'm on "the other side of the table" at cons, so I've been around a lot. Most famous I've ever sat around and shot the shit with would have to be hanging out with Harlan Ellison and Peter Straub one afternoon. Before I got to the position where I could do that, and not counting anyone I met through my mother, I was Mark Leonard's temporary PA for a day. And I hung out with James Irwin for an hour or so.

Joe Biden. I shook his hand at a fundraising event back in the 90s.

Either SECNAV Lehman or The Blue Man Group. The chance to see their props alone was worth the work, seriously incredible engineering mated to child-like imaginations. The fact that they survive touring makes it even more mind blowing.

I was lucky to meet Richard Dawkins when he spoke at a convention in Honoulu a few years ago. Was very brief, but cool. I see a few celebrities here on Kauai, but don't interact with them. I've "married" several somewhat famous people, but I don't keep up all that well with celebrities, politicians, musicians and actors, so didn't always realize who they were until after. Probably the most interaction I've had is that I performed the marriage of the drummer for the Grateful Dead (Bill Kruetzmann) in his house here on Kauai, and read a poem he had written about a mango tree.

George Carlin, backstage at the Ice House comedy club in Pasadena, CA, after a show.

And Jennifer Love Hewitt came into the camera store I used to work at many years ago. Still waitig for that autographed picture....

Steven fry

I’ve met Dolph Ziggler (WWE Star), TC Carson (Videogame Voice Actor best know for his role as Kratos), I’ve met the band members of Saliva and Puddle of Mud, and I’ve met Andy McNamara (Editor In Chief Of Game Informer magazine).

I mean, I’ve met a few others but these are the more famous ones off the top of my head.

Leonardo Decaprio in Ralph's Supermarket checkout where I let him use my club card.

Ha ha - That's awesome.

As a New Yorker, I've SEEN a fair amount of famous people -- but was too shy to approach!

Mel Gibson filming Conspiracy Theory on the Brooklyn Bridge
Harrison Ford filming at a restaurant in downtown Brooklyn
Liza Minnelli at a fruit & vegetable market on the Upper East Side
Soul singer Freddie Jackson walking in midtown
Rapper KRS1 in Grand Central Station
The late journalist Ed Bradley on a date in midtown
Jimmy Smits at Welcome Back to Brooklyn parade
Chef Carla Hall at Chelsea Market
The late journalist Gil Noble at a community event at a Brooklyn school

The most famous? I met John Kerry at a rally in 2004 (he shook my hand and kissed my cheek), and I met and spoke to Dennis Quaid at a local bar when he was filming in my home town (Yuma, Az.). He called me "chere".....so very Cajun!!

I met Peter Tork of the Monkees. I went to see his band The Shoe Suede Blues and got to meet the whole band. He told me I was cute!

I met Arlo Guthrie back in 1976 playing in a local bar in Connecticut. Really nice guy!

ebdb Level 7 Apr 12, 2018

I don't consider my fellow humans in those terms. I just admire some peoples work, be they an actor, musician, artist or care worker.

Troy Baker, Tom Hiddleston, Elizabeth Olsen, Bill Murray, Harrison Ford, Zak Bagans, Vic Mignogna, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Avenged Sevenfold, three days grace ....all except troy and vic and the bands outside of pay to meets (conventions, signings, concerts, etc)

Harrison Ford visits wichita often and bill murray's brother lives in my work town and bill loves our golf course lol met Tom and Elizabeth on the set of 'I saw the light' in Shreveport, and Zak was doing filming in KC so I drove up and hung out

Not to brag but I also met Cinderella at Disney World

No one that I can think of, but then I am not inclined or interested. They might be Famous or infamous depending on your outlook, not so ?

There have been so many over the years. Willie Nelson, Chet Atkins, Les Paul, John Wayne, Leon Russel,The Doobie Brothers, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Ron Howard, Mr. & Mrs. Knott (Knott's Berry Farm). There are many more. They're just people.

My jaw kept dropping and my eyes got wider as I read your list...
and then I read that 'They're just people'... and you're absolutely right.
But still cool to meet them, especially if you get a chance to chat...

Oh, we chatted, except for Leon Russel. He didn't talk to anyone. I interviewed many people over the years. Even drank with some and smoked with others. It was a fantasy life for awhile.

Bill Clinton.

BD66 Level 8 Apr 12, 2018

During his Presidency?

Last day of 1998, one week before his impeachment trial.

Robert Redford while Backcountry skiing in Colorado. He stopped and asked about the weather up the trail.

That's So Cool!!!

I have a long list, worked backstage at the Sunrise Musical Theater in the 80’s... I have a ton of stories, 1 highlight; Frank Zappa threw a giant rubber double ended dildo at me, and I threw it back.

Oh Man - FRank Zappa... !!!
That's one person I would have loved to have met - or at least seen a concert.
But alas, it was not in the cards for me.

Jerry Garcia of the Grateful Dead came to my window when I was a bank teller. At the time I wasn't familiar with who he was. I also helped CA Senator Barbara Boxer twice, one at the bank and once as a customer at Crate & Barrel where I worked at that time.

Prince Charles. I was a plasterer at the time and our workers co-operative had just completed making and fitting a set of windows in the building so we were invited ot a very select opening of the New Enterprise Workshop in Liverpool. Prince Charles had a lot of bodyguards roaming around and some of them were giving us really bad eyes - I think they were just upset that we were roaming around too so they couldnt really have kept him safe- At the end point there was to be a a demonstration for the Prince of a 'hilti gun' we were all lined up to greet him and one bodyguard was glaring at all of us in line and teh other bodyguard was with the prince who had his back to us - The building was really empty and echoey with nothing in it but concrete and steel and the hilti gun made a noise like a gunshot - the guard watching us went white and nearly wet himself and tried to jump backwards to take the shot. When the Prince shook each of our hands in turn he said a few words - to me the only woman there he said "You look very clean for a lady plasterer!"

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:55946
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.