Agnostic.com

34 21

The woman that posted this in my FB feed is smart. She's a pharmacist for crying out loud. Her mother who had Alzheimer's just died of Covid-19 yet she still posts shit like this. She's a catholic...

God is going to call you home when He is ready, not a second earlier—
3 years from now, some of you will look back & admit that you spent an entire year of your life wearing a mask, cooped up in your house & avoiding all the people you love. 😭 A year in your life that you’ll never get back.
Every single day is a risk.
Car accident, flu, etc.
Our days were numbered from the moment we took our first breath. Life isn’t a race where we win against the inevitable! That has not changed since the beginning of time!
BUT, we should not be forced to live in fear.
We went from being a free nation to being told we:
🚫 couldn’t go to school
🚫 couldn’t go to church
🚫 couldn’t go to our grandma's house
🚫 couldn’t pay respects to a loved one through a funeral
🚫 couldn’t leave our homes
...and when we were allowed to do these things, we were told:
📢 how long we could be there
📢 how far apart we have to be
📢 which direction to walk
📢 what to wear
📢 what we can buy/not buy
📢 where we could shop/not shop
📢 whether we could sing/worship/take communion
📢 what time we had to be home
Yes, our health matters.
But you know what else matters?
✅ Family.
✅ Friends.
✅ Church.
✅ School.
✅ Sporting events.
✅ Family vacations.
✅ Neighborhood BBQs.
✅ Life.
✅ Fitness.
✅ Hugs.
✅ visiting the hospitalized
Etc..etc...
💔 One day, you’ll hug your grandma, mom, dad, or brother for the last time.
💔 One day, your best friend will cry on your shoulder for the last time.
💔 One day, your child will play their last school game.
💔 One day, they’ll have their last day of school.
💔 One day, you’ll spend your last day laughing with a loved one.
💔 One day, you’ll dance your last dance.
Don’t waste the days you have by living in fear.
Your time here on earth matters.
Live your life while you have the chance.
God is gonna call you home when it’s your time. And not a second sooner might I add.
Virus or no virus.
#FaithOverFear / #FreedomMatters / #RiseUp / #WakeUp
Please copy & paste it.
I did.

OldMetalHead 9 Dec 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

34 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Oy vey!

The delusion is strong in this one. I think I'd ask her if she wore a seatbelt or looked both ways before she crossed a street OR... why she makes medicines to thwart gods will by curing people god made sick.

Leelu Level 7 Dec 12, 2020

Seeing things like this more and more just frustrates me. Shows that being educated in a field does not mean ones reasoning is on solid ground.

Yeah sometimes this blow Sunshine up your ass thing really is just downright stupid

@Kojaksmom I saw a article but did not read it, but would be something I could agree with. Its headline was about toxic positivity. Its good to be positive but then there are those that take that to the extreme. Im guessing that is kind of what you are referring to?

@GenkidesRich yes

@Kojaksmom AHH thanks for clarifying.

She's a selfish twit.

and then some!!! 🙂

Stupid is the reason I left religion.

Educated in pharmacy.... yes. Smart..... no.

And if she really believes this do you think she would allow her children to play on a busy highway, cause god is not going to call them home one second sooner no matter how stupid they are?

Ah, the will of Allah school of pharmacy and air-traffic controllers.

She is a covid apologist as well as very selfish and very dangerous.

She is a big part of the problem and why the virus is spreading.

You're equating education with intelligence, not necessarily correct. For example, Ben Carson is a neurosurgeon yet he's a fucking moron.

On the street where I grew up, a pharmacist lived two doors down from me. I was shocked when he said he converted to be born again.

I did find out from him that many pharmacists had originally tried to be doctors, but didn't make the cut in medical school. It does make me wonder if those who cant' make the cut turn to religion for comfort.

I never thought of that.
That might be one of the many reasons people turn to religion.

Don't worry about what crazy religious people do, they will burn in hell for it, he, he.

The person who composed these words is a moron. No rational human could write such drivel. Deluded by religion is itself a sign of stupidity and/or willful ignorance.

What can one say but WTF?
IMO, you WILL die but this Invisible Imaginary Sky Daddy has S..F.A. to do with it.
For EVERY living thing DEATH is inevitable and cannot be avoided BUT bringing on an EARLIER DEATH is avoidable by, in these times of the C-19 Pandemic, taking the precautions as prescribed by the Medical Experts.

Just willfully ignorant.

This mindset really angers me. My mother is fighting Covid and then people like her out there spreading this virus to innocent people. Religion is so toxic!

Idiot

bobwjr Level 10 Dec 12, 2020

I would have her retired from my feed as I find this offensive.

The writer makes some really good points.
I do wear a mask and social distance while in public. I too cherish a lot of the things mentioned. I sorely miss the in person visits with family and friends. Interestingly though, my contacts with them have been more numerous and heartfelt than ever. I miss bringing my loving wife out to restaurants on date nights, yet we buy take out more than ever, it helps our neighbors and we still look at it as a treat. Internet , books, television, movies and sports are still available. Long hikes, walks, kayaking, biking etc still readily available. Frankly, wearing a mask in public is nothing more than a temporary nuisance.

If it were only me in the world, I would take the risk and not wear a mask. We all have high risk people in our social circles. I don’t wear a mask for me, I wear a mask for them. I have no right to put them at risk in lieu of a little nuisance.
So stop being so damn selfish, and put on the mask....

Such clueless & twisted rubbish. Those other risks she mentions aren't overloading our medical system. How about all of the dead just in her county alone, who would be denied a hospital bed following her philosophy, get dumped onto her lawn?

From a purely technical standpoint, religion is a mental illness. But it comes in many varieties and severities. This one is badly indoctrinated. And of course, the Catholic flavor suits her better.

Insanity. It's like the zombie apocalypse.

She may be smart, but that does not mean that she can think, which she most evidently cannot.

Smart? I would question that assessment. Intelligence does not correlate to being smart, in my opinion.

Intelligence correlates strongly with only one thing, academic achievement. It does not correlate with success at anything else, including relationships, business or practical skills. Or being smart 🙂

Faithfools say some crazy things.

To that philosophy I say all pregnant women should drink, smoke, use drugs, not eat a healthy diet because God is charge. They usually don't like it, but it's the same thing as being careless/reckless during a pandemic.

RIght! If I could, I remind that person that said those things that they are taught to live in FEAR of their god. It loves you, but you must FEAR!!!!!! the god. lol

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:560276
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.