Agnostic.com

9 7

LINK The Church of a Christian Hate-Preacher Was Bombed Over the Weekend | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

On Saturday morning, an improvised explosive device went off inside First Works Baptist Church in El Monte, California. No one was hurt, thankfully, but no suspects have been apprehended yet. It’s obviously an awful situation made all the more newsworthy because of the man who runs the church.

That would be Bruce Mejia. His church used to be called “Faithful Word Baptist Church in Los Angeles” — an offshoot of the church of the same name in Arizona. That’s not a coincidence. Mejia belongs to the same brand of New Independent Fundamentalist Baptist churches as his mentor Pastor Steven Anderson, and it came through in his sermons.

For example, here’s Mejia explaining why celebrating Halloween is evil and why little girls who dress like Disney princesses are whores: (follow link to see video)

snytiger6 9 Jan 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hmm. As a matter of convenience, I see the pastor quoting from Book of Leviticus to legitimize his assertions that homosexuals should die, yet I was under the impression that what was supposed to set Christianity apart from its predecessor was the New Testament worldview superseding the Old. 🤔

Hmm.

Throw em’ to the rats.

Why are the US authorities letting these nutcases running around?

I keep hoping COVID will thin them out, but it isn't working fast enough. When one goes down there are always two to replace them.

He has low opinion about women that makes me wonder why there are not more female Atheists.

Didn't anyone ever tell him that Halloween is derived from the words "Hallowed" (sacred/revered) and "Een" from the old English meaning Evening, hence, in reality, it means "Celebrating All things Sacred and Revered.
Though in many other cases it was 'plagiarized' by Chrustianity from much older and more ancient cultures where it was kind of Celebration of the Deceased, etc.
Perhaps Sky Daddy was doing a bit of Pest Control when the Church was blown up, after all Sky Daddy does move and do things in the most mysterious of ways, does he/she/it not? LOL.

As disgusting as this slime is, violence is not the answer. Though, if someone introduced him to rand Paul’s neighbor....C’est la vie

Wouldn't surprise me if he planted the bomb himself.

That was my first thought.

@KKGator I thought about that too. Great publicity for him.

If he didn't fo it himself, I'd suspect one of his own members who was shamed and embarrassed publicly for what the preacher said.

@snytiger6 Or he thinks he needs the money and/or sympathy.
OR he wants to scapegoat some group or someone.

Too bad he wasn't in it at the time.

I wouldn't put it past him to blow up his own church, he gets Christian persecution credit if he can just get people who believe that non-believers find him important enough to bomb, like on purpose, so I'm pretty sure he did it himself.
Christians are the absolute worst victim drama whores, absolute snowflakes.

Insurance Scam, Insurance Scam combined with grabbing for more sympathy donations to replenish his coffers perhaps?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:571857
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.