Agnostic.com

19 12

How's COVID-19 vaccination going in your town?

The National Guard gave me my first COVID-19 vaccine today. Bravo!

All I needed was an appointment, a mask and a bare arm. At 67, I'm considered a senior.

Men and woman in uniform have vaccinated thousands of people in the giant parking lot of Town Toyota Center in Wenatchee, a performing arts center. The public health district and a local hospital helped organize it. We stayed in our cars.

National Guard medics, doctors, troops and pharmacists directed traffic, answered questions, handed out paperwork and gave shots. They scheduled my 2nd COVID-19 vaccine in three weeks. What a relief!

They were all wonderful, courteous, organized and efficient. I brought a list of my allergies that was handed to a pharmacist to read. Due to a severe allergic reaction to compazine in 1996 (lockjaw), I was asked to wait for 30 minutes after being vaccinated. "Are you feeling okay?" someone asked every five minutes. I'm fine.

Unfortunately, the website to get an appointment is frustrating, glitchy and maddening. Each week, appointments are filled in minutes. People are going crazy trying to get an appointment. I consider it a miracle that I got one.

Buses with 40 people from Seattle drove over the mountains for vaccines in small Eastern Washington towns... the stinkers!

LiterateHiker 9 Feb 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Got my first one on Monday the 8th...30 minutes start to finish...Alabama is slow but they are starting to ramp up. Scheduled for March 1 for my second shot.

Missouri is last on the list for getting shots into arms. Columbia is trying, but there is a lack of vaccine in the state and county. I got my shot at a nursing home because my wife works there, I am 68 with a pulmonary problem and they had extra. My second shot is the first week of March.

In glad you got yours. South Carolina was doing age 70 and older when I got my first shot. Second is scheduled next week. I’m really glad I got it in spite of some weird Christian Right wing friends who put me down because of it. Their loss.

Lucky you, I am 64 y/o so it will be months before I get the shot

What an amazing service that National Health Scotland were providing in a local vaccination centre. Swift and efficient, I arrived, and was jagged and let out technically before my appointment was due. NHS Scotland is vaccinating in excess of 45,000 people daily with numbers increasing. While across the UK over 11 000000 people have been vaccinated this year.

Not so good here. At first a lot of vaccines were available and administered through our pharmacy. A number of people were able to get an appointment and got their vaccine. I am in the top category but the supply has, temporarily, dried up. Still, we have the lowest rate in the contiguous US and the 2nd largest county in the total US with no deaths so I can't complain. 105 cases out of a 'permanent' residence of 16,000+ and 0 deaths and few hospitalizations.

Slowly ,we have a lack of vaccine ,They do have most of the nursing homes done and other essentials ,being distributed as fast as we get but deliverys have been cut back ,to dependent on other countrys for supplies so they are building 2 new state of the art production facilities in Canada so this will not happen again

Texas is (as always) a mess, but I got lucky: the hospital where I receive regular treatment added me to their list even though I'm under 65, so I got my first one this week. We haven't been as fortunate with my 83-year old mother. We have her on a dozen lists, but no luck so far.

I’m 67 next week but not eligible until March 1. Luck you....

Ooops, Lucky You☺️

Glad you got yours! Latest news is that we'll have 400 million doses of Moderna/Pfizer by the end of June + J & J and the other vaccines as well.

Ohub Level 7 Feb 5, 2021

Thanks to my job, I'm off to get my second stabbing shortly (Pfizer). Scotland is below the national curve for vaccination at the moment, but with a more dispersed population and awkward geography and infrastructure that has to be expected. Now Scotland's R rate is below 1.
On the whole, the UK is doing well with to date, with just over 20% of the adult population vaccinated. Even with BoJo the clown (Boris Johnson) as our Prime Minister and the most incompetent government since parliaments began, they had at least took the situation of vaccination seriously, which the Trump evidently had not.

Phlly has had its hiccups but is ramping up, it's really just gated by supply. I am on a few different lists and can't wait. While I am a senior as well at 66, age 75+ is prioritized here for the time being.

I wouldn't like to be on the road around that driver.

@Moravian

The newspaper photographer probably asked her to pull up her mask to protect her privacy.

Quite a few people who are older, have health issues or are critical workers have had them here now; from my personal sphere. It’s good to know they have a little more protection now and we’re a step closer to moving away from the original virus at least.

We're raring to go, using up all the vaccine we're sent each week and can handle so much more if it would come. We're still in the 1b phase, so ages 75+ and essential front line workers, long term facility residents, and health care professionals only.

I'll be in 2b phase, which should happen by this summer, if not sooner. I'll be curious what vaccines will be available to me when the time comes. I'd rather not start back to work until I'm vaccinated, so will take whatever is offered as soon as I can get it. I've got a CVS pharmacy right up the street from me, within walking distance, that is on the list of vaccination sites. 🙂

It appears to be a total snafu here. Limited doses opened to too many people at once so it is a frustrated scamble of people who are getting grouchy. I am 50 and in relative good health so I probably won't be eligible until hell freezes over. :/

Glad to hear your good news....
At my age, I still gotta wait, but I did add my list to my pharmacist!
So, with a bit of patience....<fingers crossed>

fairly well unfortunately we are not using the Guard well too much interference from others

Things are chaotic here in my county in California, hopefully things will improve soon.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:574296
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.