Agnostic.com

34 7

What do you think are the 5 most beautiful things in the world and why?

kensmile4u 8 Apr 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

34 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Rain - it’s soothing and cleansing
Cemeteries - inspiring and serine
Orchestras - powerful and provoking
Baroque Architecture - strong but looks delicate
Smiles - accepting and loving

Thanks for your comment. You have an interesting list that has opened my eyes to a new beauty. That's what I was hoping for from this post. Thank you for that!

My baby with her baby. There is nothing in this world more precious or more beautiful. 2-5 are her sisters and fur sisters.

Thanks for your touching comment. IMO Love is the most beautiful thing in the universe.

@kensmile4u I will have a second grandbaby in just a couple more weeks now, unless s/he hangs on too long like the mama did. I "knew" being a grandmother would be awesome, but it is so much more than awesome!

@HippieChick58 I'm happy for you 🙂

Music and any art form that takes you int a different dimension because it is healing.
Loving kindnesses - just to soothe you and make your heart sing.
Food for thought - in order to keep an active refreshed mind.
Joyfulness smiling and being happy - because it is so much more fun.
The sound of children laughing - they are the future I like them sounding happy.

Thanks for your comment. you have three of my top 5 on your list.

when an animal is saved from a horrible situation= no brainer
watching a deaf person hear for the first time. especially if it's a young child hearing mama's voice for the first time....= science, exponentially creating better human experiences
experiencing any band/group of musicians when everyone in the band/group is listening to one another= thinking, feeling, sharing and listening while playing with others? high level shit, there
seeing happy and healthy elders= a sign of great support and reverence
being in service to others= no agenda-based human check-in's? hells yeah!!!!
thanks for asking! fun to read all the comments, too...

Thanks for your comment. I was hoping to learn about beauty when I wrote this post. Your comments have expanded my knowledge about the beauty of the human condition. Thanks for that.

Music, animals, kind human acts, human engineering, nature

Thanks for your comment. This is a good list.

The mysterious and vast universe
This most beautiful pale blue dot
The amazing cultural diversity in this world
Consciousness we humans posses
*The most incredible emotion we can experience, true love

• Michelle Pfeiffer in her 20s
  • Michelle Pfeiffer in her 30s
  • Michelle Pfeiffer in her 40s
  • Michelle Pfeiffer in her 50s
  • Michelle Pfeiffer in her 60s (anticipated)

Thanks for your humorous comment. Bruno Mars got it right when he called her White Gold in his song uptown funk...

Are you saying you like Michelle Pfeiffer?

@kmdskit3 Meh… she's okay. ?

The Ocean, waterfalls, a sunny day after an ice storm, a clear starry night, birds. They fill me with a sense of awe.

Thanks for your comment. This is a good list!

sunrises and sunsets - always inspire me

feeling deserving of love and respect - gives me hope and reassurance, especially when I hadn't felt deserving for a very long time

the spring and fall - both seasons when nature is the most colorful

love, affection, and friendship that are freely given - warms my heart, makes me feel that the world isn't such a cold place

a work of art, piece of writing, music, performance, anything creative, that moves, inspires, or amuses me from my core - makes me feel connected

Thanks for your comment. You listed three that are in my top 5.

The human imagination
Peace
Kindness of a stranger
The laugher of a child
The smile on the face of a very elderly person

Thanks for your comment. I was hoping to learn about beauty by writing this post. Your comments about kindness to strangers and a smiling elderly person taught me something. Thanks for that.

The mountains, the forest, the beach, a child laughing, and animals.

Thanks for your comment. I've got all of these on my list.

The ocean, the hills and valleys covered in native bush, music, and the internet. The enviroment as it is what keeps us living, the music cause is shows celebration from our species, the internet because it connects all those things for me.

Thanks for your comment. I wrote this post hoping to learn about beauty. Your comment on the internet has expanded my mind on the definition of beauty. Thanks for that!

@kensmile4u You are most welcome my friend.

The night sky
The ocean/mountains
The Fibonacci sequence(micro and macro)
Animal and vegetable( micro and macro)
Birth

Thanks for your comment. This is a good list...

Music
Silence
Night sky
Day sky
Life forms
.... need be no why

Thanks for your comment. This is a good list!

It is quite apparent from the previous answers to this question that there is no single answer. What is beautiful is a personal perception and differs from person to person. That's why the old saying, "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder".

Thanks for your comment. I wrote this post hoping to learn about beauty from this special community. I have not been disappointed.

Anything by Michelangelo or Rodin, the writings of Audre Lorde and the vast majority of songs by Ferron or Joan Armatrading.

Thanks for the comment. These are all good choices.

Amelia Isaac Jacob Nathaniel Theo Alice Lucy and Taylor. Because they exist (I know thats 8 but I can't miss any out)

Thanks for your comment. I understand 🙂

Love- because it completes me and makes me my happiest
Nature- because it’s awe inspiring and simply beautiful and majestic
Laughter- because it’s contagious and good for the soul
Music and Art- because it evokes beautiful feelings and takes your mind places.
Children- because seeing and experiencing life and wonder through their eyes brings joy to my heart.

Off the top of my head, those come to mind.

Thanks for your comment. You've got 4 of my top 5 listed...

My grand kids
my daughter
a perfect techigue
good art
jennifer lopez

Shep Level 4 Apr 18, 2018

Thanks for your comment. I like your list.

Flowers, storms, babies, mountains, and reunions.

Deb57 Level 8 Apr 18, 2018

My children and my grandchildren of course! Because I love them.

I agree that love is the highest form of beauty in the world!

A baby's laugh....
That "flush of color" in spring when all your hard work in the garden last fall really pays off....
The contented sighs and sounds that your cats and dogs make that let you know how happy they are....
Sitting on a beach at sunset...
Enjoying the first fire of the winter while watching the snow fall...

Thanks for the comment. I was hoping to discover more beauty in life with this post. You have given me that with your comment about animal sounds. Thanks.

Dawn over a large lake
Low light pollution star gazing
Mountains
A northern climate forest
Antarctica

Thanks for your comment. Nature is on my top 5.

The face of a child...the face of my children...a beautiful sunset, in an endless sky...undeserved loving kindness shown to another...unexpected nature, as last week when I came upon this spectacular massive hanging garden of wisteria in tall trees, that was the size of a couple of city blocks! When I came upon that sight, it almost took my breath away! I had to stop and take it in...

In no particular order...
the innocence of a child
nature (oceans, mountains, deserts)
animal kingdom (living and extinct, including humans)
music
the arts

Thanks for your comment. You've got three of my five on your list.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:60384
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.