Agnostic.com

19 32

To use the bible as a Christian's worst enemy.

summatyme 7 Sep 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I believe religion exempts you from using common sense

Is you're going to believe in nonsense, at least do it for the benefit of mankind I guess...

That's great

Oh what a terribly NAUGHTY, NAUGHTY boy he is, using their much beloved, vaunted Goat-Herders Guide to the Galaxy on THEM, the Christians ( shaking my head as I am ROFLMAOF).
He'll be OSTRACIZED, Persecuted and treated like a Leper for that BUT Congratulations, Well done, you have, hopefully hit them RIGHT where it hurts the most.

@Triphid Goat-Herders Guide to the Galaxy! So good!

@Kwalkawalka Feel most free and welcome to use it as you see fit with my compliments.

If only the clergy were all as wise as this man.

Some have wisdom but NO honesty, by that I mean they have the wisdom, if one can very loosely call it that, to KNOW how to Scam people out of their hard earned/ badly needed money but are bereft of the trait of honesty.
This guy, I tend to think, may well still have the iota of a trace of both traits still running through his veins.

A lot of common sense from that guy. Most of the religious folks I know feel exactly like him.

This is 'old school.' Things like this I was taught in Catholic school. Things like not wearing one beliefs on their sleeve, the importance of Agape love, things like loving ones neighbor. Apparently, all that has changed and now it's about power and control and screw your neighbor (but not in a nice way).

It exempts you from logical and rational thought

People who think they have a religious exemption from getting a shot are ridiculous.

Its nice to hear from a proper christian for a change rather than the pseudo-Jews who keep quoting the old testament. I think we may apply the term "fundamental" to the wrong group

It's definitely a wild wild west shit show when it comes to the unerring word of god

twill Level 7 Sep 28, 2021

While his heart may be in the right place, it is still just another example of, you can use scripture to prove/justify anything you want.

My faith exempts me from having to go to church!!?!😎

If only most conservative Christians had this guy's humility and intellectual honesty, but wait, if they did, then they probably wouldn't be fundies....

According to my CHEATING ASS ex wife...you're exempted from EVERYTHING...as long as you say "I'm sorry Jesus...I won't do it again"...except for the additional 5 times...BITCH😂

Ah yes, the old "pray for forgiveness from Christ" loophole, which also seems to exempt them from actually seeking or doing anything to deserve forgiveness from the actual person they wronged,,,,

@TomMcGiverin oh yea...that was the part that got me...she kept asking "GOD" to forgive her...never ME...smfh...good thing I know how to walk away.

He is a Lutheran. Most of the less evangelical tribes are onboard with getting vaccinated. Amerikkkan Talibani Evangelicals use their own form of religion, based on their white nationalism and often prosperity gospel.

They will nail that man to the cross. That’s what christians do to Jesus like folks.....😶

Finally a pastor using reason.

Exactly and this would be good to use against bible thumpers who refuse to vax and mask.

Wow. Common sense from a pastor. Who woulda thunk it?

Nothing common sense about it, he is just interpreting some scripture passages to suit his needs.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:624979
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.