Agnostic.com

4 7

LINK Man crashes pastor’s book burning event — throws a bible into the fire and yells: ‘Hail Satan!’ – DeadState

Comments

This week, Tennessee pastor and pro-Trump conspiracy theorist Greg Locke hosted a book burning event where attendees tossed Harry Potter and Twilight novels into a huge bonfire.

“We are well aware what we are stepping into. Bring it all. Stop allowing demonic influences into your home,” Locke wrote in a Facebook post that has since been deleted. “We will be in our continued series on Deliverance from Demons. We have stuff coming in from all over that we will be burning. We’re not playing games. Witchcraft and accursed things must go.”

The event drew a large crowd in the Nashville suburb of Mt. Juliet. Before the burning started, Locke gave a sermon where he said that he was fighting the “Free Mason devils,” adding that he “ain’t gonna be suiciding myself no time soon”.

“I ain’t messing with witches no more, I ain’t messing with witchcraft … I ain’t messing with demons … I’ll call all of them out in the name of Jesus Christ.”

In the midst of the book-burning fervor, one counter-protester showed up on the scene and threw a bible into the fire. The man’s partner uploaded the video to YouTube and described their counter-protest in the video’s description.

“Husband and I went to a book burning in Mount Juliet Tennessee Thursday, before joining atheist and pagan counter protesters across the street playing Highway to Hell and Harry Potter on a projector,” the description read. “Video of us as my husband throws a Bible in and declared he was saving Darwin’s Origin of the Species and Fahrenheit 451 as he held them up to the crowd. It took him shouting ‘I Burned a Bible’ several times before they stopped cheering and realized they’d been had – they aggressively threw us out but we had a chance to disgust them with a kiss before we left.”

snytiger6 9 Feb 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

He is a good brave man. It is him that should have been carrying the US flag in there, not the anti American nit wits

twill Level 7 Feb 9, 2022

Perfect equal treatment

I think I would like to witness that in person.

I’m sure the authors and printers are going “yes! Buy more and more of our books! Read them, use them for door stops, burn them or eat them. Our profits spend the same!!”

Yes, the banning of books or the burning of books usually insures that even more people will read them.

@snytiger6 not just that, but someone has to buy the books to actually burn them. It’s like when the Right was burning Nikes. They had already paid for them, who cares what they do with them.

@Barnie2years I just assumed they stole some books from the local libraries. I hope your idea is the more true one.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:649541
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.