Agnostic.com

8 5

I have said this before, but coming events will bear me out.

I have always contended that the following adaptation from Shakespeare”s “MacBeth” describes Donald Trump almost perfectly:

Donald Trump “ is but a walking shadow, a poor player sho struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. Tis a tale told by an idiot, full of found and fury, but signifying NOTHING”

wordywalt 9 Feb 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Unfortunately, not all is true. It does signify a very dangerous trend in our political system.

Said it before and now I will say it again. If I heard tomorrow that trump had died my remark would be simply "it could not have happened to a nicer man."

Not so sure about "a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more". He will probably be relegated to the annals of infamy.

If only it were true that he was heard no more.

Except that describes life as a whole as well. (If you're a cynical fellow.)

Did wealthy fascists fund Shakespeare’s idiot to do a coup?

Can't we get him off stage already? Where's the guy with the hooked cane?

I hope his hour is brief!

The USA had to suffer four years of his childlike pouting, greed, stupidity, arrogance, megalomania, xenophobia and mischief. It will take years to undo the damage that he has wrought.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:651258
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.