Agnostic.com

2 13

LINK Pastor repurposes money from dying churches into social justice - The Washington Post

"While the number of churches that succumb to their financial strain each year is hard to pinpoint, they have been closing rapidly as religious practice fades among Americans. Last year, a minority of the population belonged to a house of worship for the first time since Gallup began tracking in 1937. Christians comprised 63 percent of people in the United States, down from 75 percent a decade ago."

ChurchLess 7 Apr 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Forgive my cynicism please BUT one needs to ask DID he re-purpose ALL the available funds or was it just those that were NOT ear-marked for his person up-keep etc, etc?

Maybe so but in my area church and religion has grown. A large auto repair business closed the doors and became a church. Now they are building on and becoming bigger. The pandemic caused some of this as people try to explain the pandemic. The ignorant think it gives them the answers and the bible had the answers the whole time. This is fear motivation. Some are drawn back to a childhood religion and others talk a similar thing because it is "the new world order." Yes, it is Biden and the new world order but they forget that Bush Sr. often spoke of the new world order. We live in times where ignorant people allow their thinking to run amuck. The current mindset is distraction and confusion.

I would be interested in knowing the the statistical differences in urban vs rural populations.

@MizJ Just as Denno said, here too. If the old buildings aren't getting repurposed for a church, there are many brand new ones being built all over my semi rural area. Some quite impressive with the pond and fountain.

In my little burg, One church here was turned into an antique shop, another looks abandoned. Those seem to be the exception

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:661151
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.