Agnostic.com

10 28

LINK A rural Kansas town voted to remove "In God We Trust" from police cars

If you visit the Facebook page of the Haven Police Department in Kansas, which oversees a rural town just outside of Wichita, you might wonder if it was being run by a government agency or a local church. That’s because it posts things like this, promoting Christianity in overt ways:

Another post quotes Psalm 46:1: “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.”

On top of all that, Police Chief Stephen Schaffer stuck “In God We Trust” decals on the department’s vehicles a few months ago:

The message is clear: If you’re a non-Christian in this community, they don’t care about you.

But last week, all of that changed.

snytiger6 9 May 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"Comply or Die" might be more accurate.

Esp. if you're colored and male....

@TomMcGiverin Mostly them, but not just them. Breonna Taylor comes to mind.
I don't know how any human is suppose to react when your home is being broken into except that they are coming to kill you. Which they did.
And not killed, but maimed and crippled were a couple of elderly white people.
Look up Karen Garner and Martin Gugino.

Sounds like the Bible thumpers will unite and try to get this reversed.

You mean SOMEONE in the United States of Absurdity has actually discovered that they have a working brain cell then?
Stone the crows, next thing we know it will be snowing in the middle of the Sahara.

It should say " In God we trust, the cops not so much."

Which god? 🙄

@Redheadedgammy A joke. Just a joke. ha, ha.

@Redheadedgammy I like Baal 😂

The mayor apparently is having second thoughts. I wonder how much of that is just him playing politics.

To my mind, including the words "under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance, repeted daily in public schools, should also be disallowed. When that happens, then I will know that progress is being made.

That's progress! 😂

Especially considering it's Kansas.

I saw that crap on the back of Sheriff’s cars in Texas before I moved. I took a picture of one and sent it to the FFRF but never followed up to see if anything changed. I hope it did!!

Reason is a slow process to get started.

Ah but often a good swift kick up the arse tends to add just that little bit of extra incentive.

America is a hard place for it to thrive.

I'm glad to hear about this.

A few years ago my State, N.C. made the slogan "In God We Trust" an optional license plate. It is one of three license plate formats one can choose. The other two are:

1. First in Flight
  2. First in Freedom
    I prefer that we revert to the "First in Flight" as our only format.

Same in SC. The IGWT option was the one randomly selected for me when I got the plate for the first halfway decent car I ever had the privilege of making a payment on rather than a beater.
I promptly visited the DMV to be told I could not exchange for a generic or tourism option, but I could purchase a vanity option.
My "In Reason We Trust" plate from the Free Thought society resides on my car's backside to this day.

Good for them if they remove "In God We Trust" from police cars. I'm sick as hell of it around mid-Missouri. It is wrong and mixes religion with police work. Mostly it is pretend.

Anyone ever see a group of cops gather and pray before going after the bad guy? Only if you are watching Dog the Bounty Hunter.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:665460
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.