Agnostic.com

6 13

LINK Louisiana Court drops charges against pastor who ignored COVID restrictions

Pastor Tony Spell, the head of Louisiana’s Life Tabernacle Church, has finally received the legal victory he’s been clamoring for.

The Louisiana Supreme Court ruled 5-2 yesterday that COVID restrictions instituted by the state’s governor in March of 2020 were unconstitutionally applied to Spell, who repeatedly violated it to hold church services in the name of “religious freedom,” putting countless people in harm’s way.

snytiger6 9 May 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

As I said in a number of comments. Religion will be death of us all.

In the military we gave funny names to different places. We called this state, lousyana.

My sister lived there for several years and that is what she calls it.

Holding church services "in the name of religious freedom." WTF? I suppose you can make that claim when you elect religious people to your courts. I think they go out of their way to find such people. Being religious does not mean being fair.

I'm getting used to saying this- of course Louisiana did!

Of course they let him off! There is no political gain in enforcing laws protecting public health in an environment where whatever happens is God's will.

So much bullshit. 😡

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:666296
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.