Agnostic.com

20 5

Old question. What's your favorite classic song?

Just curious about the music side of you.

Watch "Journey - Send Her My Love (Lyrics)" on YouTube

BucketlistBob 8 Dec 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

20 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"Somebody to Love" by Queen

Too hard a question so I'll just pick what's at the top of my head:
Ac/Dc: Down Payment Blues (Powerage my fav Ac/dc album)
Blue Oyster Cult: The Vigil
Hendrix: Watchtower
Fleetwood Mac: Hypnotized
The Cars: "Double Life" (that was hard I love most everything they did)
Sugarcubes : "Blue eyed pop"

So much for one song ha

I reckon I must ask define "classic". I am a sucker for Macarthur Park. I have lived a lifetime of adventures in music... I remember eras in my life defined by the music I played in the car.... Living in Crete, Greece and driving 2 hours to a town where ratio men to women was like 1 man for every 8 female tourists and often enough you were the only americans in the village. B-Tribe 1st album... will be played coming in and getting back... tecno-flamenco. I am a fan of songwriters like Harry Chapin a place to be, taxi, cat in the cradle. But I considered Jimmy Webb greatest american songwriter ever. My Choice. But songwriter-philosopher-big brother well there was this folk singer from Argentina, Facundo Cabral. He was my master and teacher in so many ways. His song "ni soy de aqui ni soy de alla" is one of the greatest songs ever written. "I am not from here, I am not from there".

Imagine

reading through all these posts and could hear most of the songs. NIce

Classic? How far back are we going here? I'm going to go with the final movement of Mahler's, Symphony No. 2 on E Minor. Absolutely electrifying.

Wow... I'm sure its awesome.

Aerosmith "Last Child", Pink Floyd "One of these Days", Rolling Stones "Hang Fire", Beatles "Paperback Writer", Doors "Love Her Madly", Moody Blues "Story in your Eyes", to name a few.

Zster Level 8 Dec 5, 2017

My youth...

Bohemian Rhapsody. When I was in College, I did a paper on the story of the song... with it's many musical movements and various scenes. To this day, my friends and I will simply quote lyrics from the song when the conversation hits a lull.

Hands down it's my favorite song.

Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you do the Fandango?

Life on Mars?- David Bowie

Having a lot of favourite songs, I'd have to be honest and just mention a few of them,
Daddy Don't you Cry - Elio ( written in Honour of my 16 year old Daughter who passed away from cancer in 2001,
I am Pegasus - Ross Ryan,
Ferryman - Chris De-Burgh,
Wild Thing - The Troggs ( also one of my nicknames I gave to my daughter,
Indian Reservation - Don Fardon,
Copperhead Road - Lee Kernaghan, and not forgetting my very best favourite,
Saltwater - Julian Lennon.

Alrighty

"Wild Thing"--love both the original and the Hendrix version!

Blue Öyster Cult - don't fear the reaper; Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody; & Pink Floyd - Wish you were.

Good stuff

Almost all classical music is great. The screaming and banging on instruments does not cut it for me.When I dance I like to understand the singing and I like to hold my date not just jump up and down in the area.

Ok..

Judy Blue Eyes.

"Nights In White Satin" by the Moody Blues
"Love, Reign On Me" by The Who
"Ellenor Rigby" or "She's leaving Home" by the Beatles.
"I Think We're Alone Now" by Tommy James & The Sahndels
"The Lion Sleeps Tonight" by The Tokens

There are so many.

Love those moody blues!

"Legend of a Mind"!!! (Moody Blues)

All the songs in Puccini's three operas 'Madame Butterfly' 'Tosca' La Boheme' At the moment my favourite song is in Dvorak's opera 'Rusalka' "Rusalka's Song to the Moon"

Wow! Thats cool.

Several: "The Rose" -- Bette Middler; "The Sounds of Silence" -- Simon and Garfunkel

And one most of you have never heard of: the 1981 version of "A Scottish Soldier" by Andy Stewart. I had Scottish soldier friends in Berlin at the time. It was a haunting melody without great social merit. If interested. you can find it on YouTube music.

I'll look it up.

the more recent metal version of SOunds of Silence blows me away

There are so many! I guess the following would be considered "classic":
Stones--"Brown Sugar" and "Gimme Shelter"
The Who--"Won't Get Fooled Again" and "Behind Blue Eyes"
Led Zeppelin--"Misty Mountain Hop"
Jefferson Airplane--"White Rabbit"
The Doors--"The End"

And even back then, I was looking around for harder and darker stuff, so though these probably aren't considered "classics" (i.e., played to death on "classics" stations), they're from the same time period, and they were faves of mine:
Iggy and the Stooges--"Search and Destroy" and "No Fun"
Velvet Underground--"Sweet Jane," "Pale Blue Eyes," and "There She Goes Again"

You have good taste in music (because I like the same stuff)

3 Dog Night "One" (1969). My older sister had this on 8-track. We danced around the dining room. It's just one of my favorites.

Wanted to add: Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit and Somebody To Love, American Bandstand, 1967

No wonder I'm screwed up.

Those were my favorite too. I love white rabbit. Three dog are great too.

Stormy Weather and a lot of Johnny Mercer

Good song!

@AMGT I will have to look that up!

@AMGT I liked it

So many: Hooked on a Feeling-BJ Thomas
Betcha by Golly Wow-Stylistics
Till there was You-the Beatles
Heaven Must've been Missing an Angel

These songs based on lyrics and words with meaning.

These are musical masterpieces"

Layla-Derek and the Dominoes
                                   Freebird- Lynard Skynard
                                   Piano Man-Billy Joel
                                   Born to Run-Bruce Springstein

All my growing up music.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:6695
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.