Agnostic.com

12 21

Jan. 6 panelists: Enough evidence uncovered to indict Trump.

By HOPE YEN, The Associated Press

Members of the House committee investigating the Capitol riot said Sunday they have uncovered enough evidence for the Justice Department to consider an unprecedented criminal indictment against former President Donald Trump for seeking to overturn the results of the 2020 election.

The committee announced that Trump’s campaign manager, Bill Stepien, is among the witnesses scheduled to testify at a hearing Monday that focuses on Trump’s effort to spread his lies about a stolen election.

“I would like to see the Justice Department investigate any credible allegation of criminal activity on the part of Donald Trump,” said Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif., a committee member who also leads the House Intelligence Committee. “There are certain actions, parts of these different lines of effort to overturn the election that I don’t see evidence the Justice Department is investigating.”

The committee held its first public hearing last week, with members laying out their case against Trump to show how the defeated president relentlessly pushed his false claims of a rigged election despite multiple advisers telling him otherwise and how he intensified an extraordinary scheme to overturn Joe Biden’s victory.

Additional evidence is set to be released in hearings this week that will demonstrate how Trump and some of his advisers engaged in a “massive effort” to spread misinformation, pressured the Justice Department to embrace his false claims, and urged then-Vice President Mike Pence to reject state electors and block the vote certification on Jan. 6, 2021.

Photo: First Women's March, Jan. 2017. I already knew Trump is a liar and a crook.

[seattletimes.com]

LiterateHiker 9 June 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Jail him please

bobwjr Level 10 June 12, 2022

As much as we would all like to see him behind bars...Garland will not go after tRUMP with "he said...she said"...unless you get a video of him "ordering an election overthrow"...it just "AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN". Trump has been very careful with his speeches(if you can call them that 😂). He never ties himself directly to a misdeed. He is a slimey WEASEL...but he is unfortunately very good at it.

Which leaves the various states to try and get him on election fraud or SOMEthing!

You got that right: "He is a slimey WEASEL...but he is unfortunately very good at it." But it is worth a try. Give it to a jury. Let them decide.

his asking for "found" votes should be one good step

@phoenixone1

Wait and see evidence the January 6 committee uncovered.

Their opening thesis is that Trump organized and incited the insurrection and violence to overthrow the 2020 presidential election.

Love your sign.

As much as I'd dearly love to see that miserable pos locked up for the rest of his f'ing life, as well as his 3 eldest offspring, I have little to no faith that he will be.

I honestly don't think AG Garland has the stomach for this. Which disappoints me mightily.
At the very least, I hope one or more of the State AG's, currently investigating all the crimes he and his cronies have committed, are able to put he/them in state prison.

In that event, none of those who received pardons will be able to escape the consequences of their actions.
Presidential pardons only apply at the federal level, and state charges aren't affected.

Few things would please me more than to see those bastards die in prison.
It's the least they deserve for what they helped do to this country.

...enough to indict, convict, and jail for considerable length of time.

I hope this resulted in holding all people accountable, but I'm not optimistic about that...

Buddha Level 8 June 12, 2022

tRump needs to be locked up for life.

I have no interest in the play by play of this shit show, I am only interested in the final outcome.

[chrishedges.substack.com]

There's where we differ. I find the details very interesting.

@Flyingsaucesir The legal ranglings are indeed interesting. The visage of the odious ex-potus not so much.

@silverotter11 Trump himself is a crashing bore.

The only strategy I see from, here is to pursue this to the max and also find a valid reason that Trump cannot run again until this is settled. This method may keep him out another 4 years.

On the one hand, Trump in jail would be fine by me. On the other hand it might well inspire his supporters more to get him reelected by fair means or foul. Scary times.

Maybe so but fear of a backlash on the part of a snotty and stupid crowd is no reason to not pursue justice.

@Flyingsaucesir My point is that the best result is one that doesn't lead to Trump's reelection. He's NEVER going to face serious consequences for his crimes, even the leaders of the Confederacy didn't.

@Druvius Good point! But hope springs eternal 😂

@Druvius hopefully we will learn from having gone wrong the first time we faced insurrection. Crucify them.

This is a direct challenge to Merrick Garland: Do you have the guts to do it? You have the evidence.

I hope he hears you!

I knew when he announced his candidacy that it was going to be a sh-t show. I just didn't fully comprehend what kind of cesspool it would really be! I'd like to slap a few people who told me I was overreacting.

When trump announced he was running in 2016 I was stunned how little people here on the west coast knew about his crooked financial dealings. That he is a liar, racist, etc. and how many around the area in Kittitas County supported him. Stupid, stupid people.

Watching and listening from California, I knew what a shit-heel he was. I didn't know as much as I know now. I never thought that he could get elected president either. 😂

So many people here were complaining how Hillary beat out Bernie that they were knocked a sucker punch when POS tRump won.

@JackPedigo Which leads me back to the weird assuption that many dems want exactly what the gop want, low taxes for big business and the wealthy and deregulation. Most of what they have to say is lip service.

@silverotter11 I would go with the lower taxes for themselves but higher for the wealthy. A new program on Netflix "The 'G' word" is about what our government does, both right and wrong. It's a Government 101 video and features Obama. I think most of us have no idea and even republicans would cry in their beer if these things were taken away and we were left with a fascist type of system.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:671330
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.