Agnostic.com

38 5

Mistaken Identity

Have you ever been told that you look like a celebrity?

If so, which celebrity and by whom?

My grandmother used to say I looked like a young Robert De Niro

x0lineage0x 6 Apr 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

38 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

About 10 years ago I was hiking in Peru on the Incan Trail and a French guy started commenting to his friends that he thought I was Angelina Jolie. Geeze, I wanted to take him home with me!

@AmelieMatisse Oui !!! Tu devrais avoir .... ?

@IamNobody yeah, or at least flirted with him for a few hours!

I was told by co-workers I looked like Father Guido Sarducci, a character on Saturday Night Live in the late 70's.

Only once when someone said I look like Amy Farrah Fowler.

You do look like that actress. She can do so much with her looks from Paris Chic to Amy Farrah Fowler nerd. She pulls both off well.

@Donna_I yes you do ????

You could probably make a living off of your dopplegangerl looks, there are celebrity lookalikes who do just that and some are even hired by the celebrities themselves to throw off papparazzi

@misstuffy lol! Maybe I'll make that my side hussle! ???

When I was younger Meg Ryan, now that I’m older and heavier Kristen Vangsness (Penelope Garcia on Criminal Minds)

I can see it, you do look like the garcia character.

Jerry Garcia - though I've dropped a fair amount of weight and also neatened my hair since those days.

My second husband was asked numerous times to be Santa Clause. He had the gray hair/beard, rosy cheeks, low laugh, and was overweight. He was NOT jolly however.

Man, he HATED that.

People used to tell me I looked like Jackie Onassis. Way, way, way back when I had dark longer hair. I never saw the resemblence myself but It was one I was more than happy to go with.

Dolores O'Riordan (R.I.P.) from The Cranberrys. We have (had) very similar features.

MoniB Level 6 Apr 27, 2018

Several over the years. Seinfeld, Joe Satriani, Howard Stern, David Koresh

I've been told I look like Taissa Farmiga

Mea Level 7 Apr 27, 2018

I do sometimes blame things on my evil twin. He's not famous though, unless he gets arrested. Then it'll be me that's in trouble.

Yup.
Lots of folks still think I'm somebody, they just don't know who.
And....they're correct. ?,
. I was in a bar with a friend, decades ago. He convinced another guy that I was Sammy Hager....had him buying us drinks.

When I was working as an extra on the movie "Secretariat," the people on the set started yelling to each other that I was a Jackie Kennedy look-alike and rushed to take selfies with me.

My denials and protests were ignored, so I went with it, deciding that if their Facebook friends bought it, what did it matter?

Janeane Garofalo

I don't see it. You are much prettier.

@commander42 Aww shucks.

With my beard I’ve been told I looked like Eric Claptan and without it Bill Gates.

Marc Lepine. Not really a celebrity but the closest I get

Yes, Owen Wilson.

I have been told countless times that I look like Jesus (and was asked to play the part once) and also get referred to as the Dude from The Big Lebowski. (Even though his hair and goatee were shorter.)

That reminds me of my misspent youth. I used to have long hair and a beard and wore sandals a lot. I pulled up to this gas station and got out. The service attendant (there was still such a thing) said, "you look just like Jesus." I was taken aback because the comment shocked me, but after a couple of beats I managed to say, "bless you for saying so".

@david75090
Hahaha! Good reply! I was asked by a Baptist friend (who knows my thoughts) to play Jesus in a reenactment of the last supper. I said Why the hell not?

Once when I visited Universal Studios, Hollywood, while entering the Waterworld ride, I was told by a ride attendant that I looked like the Deacon (Dennis Hopper's bald, eye-patched bad guy). I look nothing like DH. LOL! But I AM bald, so I got that goin' for me. LOL!

Weirdly, I used to get Ewan McGregor. Like, on multiple occasions. Not for a while, and I never saw it.

I have been mistaken for a cousin I havent met and a few other local not celebrity people. I think my looks are too generic to look like anyone famous.

Jools Holland, before he put on some weight and I lost some hair.
We sound alike too.

A handsome brad pit

Not really, but in the 70's I was confused with a man named Bobby who was said to look like my twin. Often people called me by that name in a club or bar. I never could find the mysterious "Bobby."

In my youth I sometimes got mistaken for Leo Sayer.
I did have an afro back then and whiskers.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:67496
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.