Agnostic.com

14 14

"Don't you know how old I am?" I asked.

A 52-year-old man on Fitness Singles has been pursuing me relentlessly. Sent me his email and phone number. I didn't bite.

"I'm 68-years-old," I messaged him. "I will be-69 on September-3. That's a huge age difference. I'm old enough to be your mother in Southern states. Ha! I wish you the best."

"Okay, you win," he replied. Later he admitted, "I'm-62."

His profile says he lives in Nanaimo, BC, Canada. Later he said he lives in Alaska and is "looking for a place to land." He doesn't like the long, dark, cold winters.

"On your profile, you lied about your location and age by 10-years," I replied. "That's atrocious. I never lie in my profile. My age and location are truthful. I even caption my photos with the month and year, unlike most people."

"I can't trust you," I added. "Liar liar, pants on fire! You need to stop lying in your profile. Lying is a dealbreaker for men and women, including me."

LiterateHiker 9 July 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What a stooge.

I'd be your 'toy-boy' man ... yes toy man... I'm sixty shortly! Hahaha.

Agreed. Lying is not OK, and 10 years is a lot, enough to matter. He's probably trying to attract women in their 40's. Poor guy needs to grow up........

If you lie about your age, or anything, on a dating profile you're setting yourself up for failure. If you tell the truth about everything you won't have any lies to remember. Of course, you might not generate any interest either. Women are all looking for Clark Kent.

@BitFlipper

You are right that lies set you up for failure.

Not all women are looking for Clark Kent. As a bit of a sapiosexual, I am attracted to intelligent, funny men. My first husband looked like a troll doll.

@LiterateHiker I have found many want to meet asap. Perhaps they feel 'chemistry' will over ride lies. I prefer to go through virtual stages at first and take notes to see if there are any contradictions or alarms.

"Winner winner chicken dinner 😂😂😂 Fitness Singles should be renamed "Singles: Caveat Emptor" 😂

I never understood why people lie about their age. My thought has always been that I want a woman to love me for me. She can't love me for me if I'm lying about who I am.

Unity Level 7 July 12, 2022

Mostly they do it to show up on younger people's searches.

He lied about his location?! WTF Is there a wife, SO, or is he a fugitive?

MizJ Level 8 July 12, 2022

@MizJ

On his profile he listed his location as Nanaimo, BC, Canada.

Later he revealed he lives in Alaska and is "looking for a place to land." Said he doesn't like the dark, cold winters.

@LiterateHiker Or he could be a homeless bum.

@LiterateHiker I get a lot of similar lines in the winter as I am in Florida.

@MizJ

Good points. I thought he's a scammer who wants to live with me.

@LiterateHiker Let one in the door and see how hard it is to get rid of him! I tell them to call 211 to find a charity.

How old do you want me to be Honey?

twill Level 7 July 12, 2022

And sad thing for him is that if he had posted his correct age, you might not have thought too much about the 6 year age difference. His loss and hopefully a lesson for him to be truthful.

I kind of wonder about some of these men who have current photos of themselves but to me look really old for the age they say they are. Truth is best!

Years ago, I met my (now ex) longtime boyfriend online. He is a couple of years younger than me, not enough to think too much about. He was truthful about his age, but just not so truthful about being "single" haha!

Quite some time into our relationship, I learned that he'd been carrying on with a lady 14 years his senior before he met me. He told me he broke up with her, but he actually didn't really break it off until a couple of years before he and I finally broke up. He lied about his relationship with her.

The reason he told me he finally broke it off with her is that she started looking old. Um... okay... well aren't we all aging at the same rate? I broke it off with him not because he was looking old too, but because he was a lying cheat.

If I ever take up with anyone again, honesty will be the primary character quality I will seek.

Well, that's a not surprising enormous red flag

If you smell smoke your burnt.

If he is willing to lie about his age, what else will he lie about. Block and forget.

@HippieChick58

Exactly.

Bless your heart. 😘

I was going to respond with a picture of me(?) looking a lot like mid 60s Sean Connery but I decided it wasn't worth the effort. /joke 🙂

RichCC Level 8 July 12, 2022
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:676456
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.