Agnostic.com

21 27

LINK Now Christians are targeting women who wear pants

This dude is bat s--t cray cray.

The religious right has celebrated the overturn of Roe v. Wade, but their obsession with controlling women’s bodies knows no satisfaction.

Now a far-right preacher known for his vile rants about the LGBTQ community is calling for men to burn their wives’ pants because, he says, it’s just a form of crossdressing.

Brother Duncan Urbanek spread the love of God by using anti-gay slurs and encouraging men to destroy their spouses’ possessions. Urbanek is a member of the Stedfast Baptist Church, one of the most vicious anti-LGBTQ hate groups in the nation. Church leaders have called for the execution of gay men and publicly celebrated tragedies that killed members of the LGBTQ community.

“People want to get so riled up… Yeah! F-gs are an abomination. God hates ’em,” he begins. “Well, didn’t it just say if you’re a crossdresser, you’re an abomination too?”

“Now obviously it’s not as bad as being a fa---t,” he continued, “But God is still very upset with your sin.”

“No what should we do about that, knowing this as Christians? If you’re a woman and you own any pants, throw them away. Light them on fire. If you’re a man and your wife has pants, throw them away. And if she yells at you, so be it. Throw them away. That’s a good fight to be in.”

“If I was caught wearing a dress and that was online,” he said as his strange rant continued, “I would do everything in my power to get rid of that picture. Like, man, I gotta find the owner of it and persuade him. I gotta pay him off. Like, man, please delete that picture.”

“You know, there is no picture of me wearing a dress,” he added quickly with a nervous chuckle, “because I’m never going to put one on. I don’t own any and I don’t want to wear any. And women should have that same standard.”

There is no Biblical injunction that’s specifically about women and pants. At the time the Bible was written, trousers weren’t part of the Jewish wardrobe and men wore tunics and robes.

HippieChick58 9 Aug 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

21 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm not a betting woman, but I got $50 that says pix of him in full drag surface before this year is over.......

Me thinks he doth protest too much. 🙂

I was just thinking the same thing!

I had the same thought, he's rantin' way too loud about not ever wearin' a dress.🤣🤣🤣

I was thinking the same thing.

I need to wear pants to stash my knives, Baretta 92, and magazine. Also, I have to clip my insulin pump to the waistband, I suggest you don't piss me off.

I hope this fucktard slips in the shower and breaks his fucking neck. As well as anyone who agrees with him.

Send Mr Nobrains to Scotland. He would have a brain aneurysm seeing all those men in kilts on a windy day.

Yet another Christian control freak nut job.

Anyway! If he wants to follow Jesus he should be telling men to wear robes like Jesus did and Arab Muslims still do. Next he’ll be requiring women in his flock to wear head coverings, like the Amish and Muslims do.
Sounds like back when I was in high school, women weren’t allowed to wear pants then either.

I remember when girls were allowed to wear pants to school, I was in early elementary school. I remember when my grandmother started wearing pants, she said they were much more practical than skirts. When my grandfather passed, the day of his funeral was cold, windy, and rainy. Grammie decided he would approve of her wearing pants to his funeral. They were black, and it just want not fit weather for any skin to be exposed. I was thinking he wouldn't care and wasn't in any condition to care any longer, but I was glad she chose comfort over convention.

@HippieChick58 We were allowed to wear pants to school, on those really cold days, but the needed to be taken off before we went to class. When I was in 4th grade, the high schoolers protested and we were then allowed to actually wear pants to school.

@NHjulie I do remember that too. We'd have to take off our pants and hang them up with our coats. We'd wear shorts underneath our dresses so we could play on the jungle gym and keep our underpants covered. I don't remember what year we were allowed to wear pants to school, but I I remember it was before high school.

@HippieChick58 1969 my sister and her friend got sent home from school in Junior High for daring to wear slacks to school. Not even jeans, dress slacks! It only began to change in the seventies.

@Barnie2years I graduated in 1976, so yeah that was the era.

Guy's got a real issue with men in a dress, protesting way too much.

If they come at me, I guarantee they’ll trip on their skirts

In all the paintings I've seen of Jesus he's wearing either a loin cloth or a dress. Was he a cross dresser?

Is a cross dresser the same as an angry dresser?

Maybe someone can photoshop a dress on him. Then post it on the internet.

Hot pants .

This guy is out of his mind but in my Evangelical church daze the preacher told you how it was a sin for women to wear pants. Bible aside, I think it's just because they think men are supposed to wear the pants.

I wonder if this nut job is a child rapist too?

Time to get fitted for a burka.

Small minded man...

Give an inch, take a mile. He is out of his mind.

Betty Level 8 Aug 25, 2022

I would love him to be confined to live in a gays only club for 12 months.

My grandmother never wore pants because she said it was in the bible.

These people are obsessed with following a manual on how to live life. Someone should write them one like the Bible without all the god stuff in it and ask them what's so wrong with it. Then when they say it's just because reference to god is missing, then it will be obvious even to them that's their obsession - not that doing the right thing is the right thing. They've got it all mixed up and can't think anything through.

Can't find anything with pants in the Bible.
These are the closest things I can find.

Woman shall not wear a man's garment, nor shall a man put on a woman's cloak, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord your God.

Exodus 28:42
You shall make for them linen undergarments to cover their naked flesh. They shall reach from the hips to the thighs;

@Castlepaloma The first one is what she would reference..

@NHjulie Yep. And it still just comes down to it's supposedly some invisible persons' arbitrary whimsy, backed up with threats if you don't comply. It's the stuff of dictators, so it's no wonder the religious right are so infatuated with Trump.

Is there no end to the crazies in religion?

There is indeed no end to the crazies in religion, this by definition.

This Brother Drunken Panic really knows how to win friends and influence people. 😂

Reminds me of Family Guys' Peter Griffins' father who was rabidly religious and hated everything, including pants on women (such as his "whore" wife Lois).

The Religious Right is known for its truly crazy members.

To change that rule, he would have to go as far as the Stepford wives movie.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:683198
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.