Agnostic.com

2 6

LINK High-Ranking Prison Officer Aided a Neo-Nazi Gang Attack on Black Prisoners

They should put this guy in with a population that will compromise his safety. He's been convicted of a crime unlike the poor guys he had targeted to be attacked. Those victims very likely were innocent. They just couldn't make bail and we're awaiting trial.

barjoe 9 Dec 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well, you can't fairly conclude that they "very likely were innocent" without knowing what the evidence against them was because apparently there was enough to charge them with something. Regardless, 4 years is not a reasonable sentence in these circumstances because the blacks could easily have been murdered, in fact I think he should have been charged with attempted murder. I hope that this conviction is enough to never allow him to be placed in a position of responsibility again. What a serious POS.

They very likely could be innocent is as true as saying they very likely could be guilty. Truth is, they were never convicted, they were just awaiting trial. The fact they couldn't raise bail probably means they had public defender. It's possible a strong lawyer might have gotten a successful motion to suppress and charges dismissed in the pretrial hearing. He definitely should've gotten a longer sentence. I hope they beat the fuck out of him in prison. That would be the justice he deserves.

@barjoe I read no fact about them not being able to raise bail. Bail is not granted or even appropriate in all circumstances.

To say they very likely could be innocent implies that they are more likely innocent than guilty and there's no evidence in this story to support that. There's also no evidence that there might be anything to suppress or the significance or likelihood thereof. These types of unsupported arguments detract from the fact that regardless of their guilt or innocence, the boss' actions were racist, extremely dangerous and entirely unfounded.

That's one high ranking prison officer that none of us need.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:701114
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.