Agnostic.com

6 5

LINK First Baptist Church in Florida to force members to sign anti-LGBTQ contract

If you want to be a member of the First Baptist Church in Jacksonville, Florida, you must believe Jesus died for your sins, that gay people have no business getting married, and that transgender people don’t exist. And, honestly, that first one may be optional based on their new contract.

Senior Pastor Heath Lambert says the church will now force the whole congregation to sign a document confirming their opposition to LGBTQ rights if they want to remain members. They have until mid-March to turn in their hate-group application.

As a member of First Baptist Church, I believe that God creates people in his image as either male or female, and that this creation is a fixed matter of human biology, not individual choice. I believe marriage is instituted by God, not <strong>government</strong>, is between one man and one woman, and is the only context for sexual desire and expression.

To be fair, just about all Southern Baptist, Catholic, and evangelical churches believe all of those things as a matter of faith. But almost none of them would kick you out of the congregation if you had doubts about those beliefs or (gasp) happened to be LGBTQ.

The relevant part of the document reads:

snytiger6 9 Jan 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hey, I saw that article too! It's really interesting how different religions have varying beliefs and practices.

Becuase none of the members have any gay relatives, like their children, and of course being LGBTQ (especially in this atmosphere!) is obviously a choice.......
I await the day, no doubt coming soon, when this asshole is outed.

Heath Lambert is a psycho-sexual basket case. There is no hope for him.

Hearing that makes me glad I left religion nearly 5 years ago and have no desire to go back to it.

I remember having to sign a card signifying my belief in Christianity in order to get a membership at the YMCA. I still resent being forced to do that. Maybe I'm a hypocrite to have signed it. But given how Christians have repeatedly murdered thousands for not being the right skin color or religion or sex, I do not consider them to have any moral standing. Even on this day that remembers what Christians did at Auschwitz, I still denounce all Christians as subhuman and entirely deserving of the horrors they inflicted on others. There is my real hypocrisy.

The. FBC wants to be a slowly shrinking minority.. What can I do to help it along?

I'll sign up for that.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:706752
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.