Agnostic.com

14 8

LINK What Are Neanderthals? Meet Humanity's Relative Who Went Extinct 40,000 Years Ago

This article reminds me of that 'lil' discussion Richard Dawkins had with Wendy Wright concerns with evolution. For those of you who have not seen/heard of it, the 'painful' discussion can be found here:

MacStriker 7 June 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Like talking to a post...
🥴

BBJong Level 7 June 18, 2023

How does Dawkins stay so calm when confronted by someone like this ?. He is far too polite. A pity she couldn't be Hitch slapped

What is this all about? I'm curious

He is trying to fix stupid, that is not possible. She's an idiot.

People of European descent have about 3% Neanderthal DNA. So, they didn't exactly go extinct, so much as they interbred. They just lost their uniqueness.

Scientists and anthropologists are determining that many proto human branches inter bred producing the modern humans we see today.

extinct my ass....just take a hard look at Mick Jagger.......

Both strong headed and both are theories. I generally go with the far greater physical evidence of what can make good sense. Religions do have the experience in more recent human history. Yet filled with emotional poems, fairytales and lies. Also based on fear for control and power of centralism. I can still come in with new and improved evidence with science in connection with bio- organisms. With religion it's not even spiritual, meaning 99% unknowns. Like organized superstition of a broken parrot, endless repeating the same message and getting the same results or worse causing insanity.

Do you know what a "theory" is in scientific language?

A theory is something proven many times. However science, unlike religion, never assumes it has the "final" analysis.

She simply will not admit to ANYTHING which proves that the Bible is not 100% literally true. This includes an insistence the universe was created 6,000 years ago, Noah's Ark was a literal fact, Jonah was swallowed by a whale and emerged 40 days later, Adam & Eve were created in the Biblical way, etc., etc.
If they will think that and much more, creationism is a slam dunk.

He might as well argue with MTG…..👀

I've seen this video before. The woman is an idiot.

No. She not an idiot, at all. But she convinces a lot of people and they are idiots.

Nah...Republicans are still here.

Many democrats are religious. Perhaps you should read more.

I don’t have to watch the video to know who Neanderthals are. I’ve already been watching them my entire life, I call them republicans!!🤠

She (Ms. Wright) is a skilled and tenacious debater. She would be truly formidable if her argument were not founded on falsehoods. Dawkins was very patient and gentlemanly, but he did not give a full outline of the evidence for evolution as he was invited to do. Instead, he limited himself to short answers. The real answer would be a 2-hour lecture with audio-visual support.

Richard Dawkins is way too polite and she would convince ignorant people. I would like Neil Tyson, who claims not to even be an atheist but had an IQ off the charts, to debate her and refute her "logic". That would be much more entertaining.

@barjoe Yes, NDGT could take her apart,...and Bill Nye could too!

To compare her to Neanderthal is an insult to our ancestors. Hers is the mindset of flat Earthers. Somebody ought to slap the shit out of all of them.

Write Comment More
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:726416
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.