Agnostic.com

25 5

What's your favorite childhood TV show or movie?

I didn't watch a lot of TV when I was a kid. But, I did watch Ninja Turtles regularly.

My favorite movie was The Wizard of Oz. I burnt out the VHS on that one.

How about you?

silvereyes 8 Dec 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

25 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

When I was a little kid, like 3 years old, I loved "The Dukes of Hazard" (don't judge) and "The Incredible Hulk." When I was a little older, maybe 5 or so, I liked "Doctor Who" (incarnations 5 and 6) even though I didn't really understand much of it. And a little older still, I liked a reboot of "The Twilight Zone" and "Amazing Stories" (I think that's what it was called). We didn't get many channels, so I had to be content with whatever happened to be on.

@MustardSeed In certain circumstances, I like to use that phrase. Lol

"Amazing Stories" is coming back.
[nytimes.com]

@GeekLeen: I know, but I put "regens" first and thought that sounded like I watched the fifth and sixth regenerations (the transformations themselves) so I wrote "incarnations" instead just to be clear about what I meant. It looks like I should have stuck with my original instinct. 🙂

When I was a child we didn't have TV. (I'm a really old fart 75, and we were poor) But we had radio. Some of my favorite radio programs were; The Lone Ranger, Gun Smoke, Fibber McGee and Molly, The Jack Benny Show, The Shadow, The Green Hornet, The Great Gildersleeve and Edger Bergen & Charley McCarthy. (Imagine that, a ventriloquist on radio) But it worked. The first thing I saw on TV was Howdy Doody.

Speed Racer, and all the classic Warner Bros., Rocky and Bullwinkle...I could go on and on.

I wasn't big into movies as a kid, but I loved the Three Stooges. 😀

My favorite TV show was The Twilight Zone . This was produced in the 1960s ,when i was about 12 years old

Anamaniacs. Helloooooooo nurse!

We're zany to the max, there's bologna in our slacks... I think it's still on Netflix.

Mine too, Wizard of Oz. All levels of adventures and beauty.

TV- Ed Sullivan Show

Wizard of Oz was what I watched when they put it on tv-beforeVHS.
As a kid had a lcal show in the Boston Market-Anyone remember Boomtown with Rex Trailer?

I looked forward to the televised "Wizard of Oz" each year when I was a kid. It was sort of a tradition. Now, I don't think it's ever played on television. I should buy it on DVD.

it is on TBS. Just watched it for Thanksgiving

Warner Bros. cartoons. How can kids today grow up without them?

Favortire TV show was Recue 911.

6 gun play house. It had Roy Riggers and Gene autry. I got blown away when they jumped off their horse and jumped into a motor boat. I didn't know WTF. Back then.

Saturday morning, but not cartoons for this cowgirl wannabe. Lol. My Friend Flicka, Fury, Sky King, Lone Ranger, and Roy Rogers! Wow, flashback!

The Jungle Book! I think they actually did a decent job with the remake also.

When I was a kid the only way to see a movie was to get in a car and drive twenty miles to the nearest town and sit in a theater. We didn't do that often enough for me to remember much about favorites. We didn't have a TV in the house until I was in third grade, at which point my favorite show was "Adventures in Paradise". Probably laid the foundation for my love of sailing.

skado Level 9 Dec 9, 2017

I remember that show

The one show I remember the best because I sat under the piano and watched the reflection off the highly polished piano bench was The Bananas. I wanted an all terrain 6 wheel vehicle soooo badly.

Paladin, Have Gun Will Travel, movie would be Too Kill a Mockingbird.

Television didn't arrive in our part of the country where I lived until I was finished high school and had left home, so never had any childhood TV experience. From what I saw of children's programs of later years, I can't say I missed much. I think books were much better as catalysts for imagination.

junglebook

Tim Burton's Batman. I watched that VHS all the time.

Roseanne... Scooby doo... Duck tails...tailspin.... Married with children....

Oh...Transformers....and thundercats...buffy the vampire slayer

"Let's Make A Deal" (60's - 70's version with Monty Hall)

yes but isn't the same without Monty

of course the annual showing of the Wizard of oz. I liked the flying monkeys even though they scared me. Captain Kangaroo with the Banana Man shaped a lot of my early thinking and warner brothers cartoons.

The first Star Wars movie.

TV: The Monkees, Hogan's Heroes, Gilligan's Island, Star Trek, MASH, What's Happening?, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Charlie Brown specials, Looney Tunes. Movies: Young Frankenstein, Blazing Saddles, Star Wars, Japanese monster movies, Marx brothers' movies, anything with Abbot and Costello, Jerry Lewis and Hope and Crosby.

Movie - Arsenic and Old Lace
TV show - Looney Toons, especially Pepe LePew, Foghorn Leghorn and Marvin the Martian

Bonanza, The Tonight Show With Johnny Carson ( I had to sneak and watch) Spider-Man, Batman and Robin, The Beverly Hillbillies. I think I watched too much TV.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:7343
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.