Agnostic.com

42 5

If you were god, what would you have designed differently in human body?

If I were god, I would have created a separate sense organ for detecting and interacting with me, the same way eyes detect light. Then, I could have blamed them for not worshiping me. Also, I wouldn't have created parts of body that have no discernible purpose such as manboobs.
What would you have done differently?

Aralt 7 May 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

42 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The whole "waste disposal pipeline routed through a recreational area" thing... Tell me you've heard this joke... Well I just gave away the punchline so nevermind...

That's what I was thinking, too.

Ya... I like 69'ing as much as the next guy, but why do I have to have my nose stuck in somebody's butthole when I'm doing it? It's not fair!

I would not put the sewer so close to the play-pen.

The little toe. I would’ve gotten rid of it. I mean, it’s bad enough that it serves little discernible purpose… But it’s almost magnetic attraction to the corner of furniture really pisses me off!

I would have devised a varying metabolic rate that kicks into overdrive whenever you eat fat and/ or sugar so that you always stay at a perfect weight. And also arteries that don't clog up

i would make the central nervous system repareable

Scrap the whole thing, start from scratch.

Maybe that's exactly what he did, and we're sitting in a petri dish somewhere, one of billions of experiments deemed to be failures. God having moved on to try to do it better.

It would explain a lot.

Put one eye in the back of head.

Wtf is up with spines? "hey, i know. lets put the big central rod thing through the body and make all the nerves and shit in it... and hope it holds this upright ape".

How about not putting the fuel intake and the air intake right next to one another?

There's no reason to frame this question within a theistic premise. We have the technology to modify humans so that the modifications are passed on to offspring, although still in early stages. CRISPR

This

I have no thoughts of gods designing a human body and if I did have it would disturb me greatly. I have distanced myself as much as possible from religions. Gods are imaginary.

agreed

I would study other animals in the kingdom and incorporate as much as I could of their best features. For example, a head that can turn almost 180° like an owl, a pouch for carrying babies like a kangaroo

A "good" god would never have created carnivores whilst equipping their prey with the ability to feel terror and pain!

Winged hermaphrodites with 6 arms and awesome boobs.

You sound like you would be interesting conversation at a dive bar.

I think the sensible thing would have been not to allow humans sentinent thought.

what? and miss out on this great website.... wink!

@Lukian All other humans of course, we are special 😉

@Amisja the chosen ones.... wink

I have always felt that one of the strongest arguments against a supposedly intelligent creator is the fact that we need to urinate and defecate, an admittedly rather inconvenience and disgusting requirement in being a human, lol... If I were like this god supposedly is, a being who literally had any creative concepts opening to it, I would have designed the human to make use of whatever nutrients that it ingested, making sure that there was no need for waste of any kinds to be a byproduct... you would think that an all-powerful deity would have considered this, given that, as I mentioned, he literally had no limitations and every possibility open to him... Yet apparently designing humans that are required to have to pass waste from their bodies repeatedly until they die somehow seems like a great idea...yeah, I'm just not buying it...

Well, I guess I won't post my answer since it is identical to yours. Seems like a huge hassle that was unnecessary. What's up with that shit? (Pun intended)

So, as someone interested in african womens health, there are several documentarys on the state of reproductive medical care. Any modern day woman with 1st world healthcare may know about the risk of tearing during birth. Here its prevented by preemptively snipping the flesh between anus and vaginal canal. Well in Africa, those poor women might experience multiple types of permanent damage. Some get no medical intervention to repair a descended vagina, constant urination or defecation, and horrifically some babies are trapped behind the pelvic bone and die and can't be removed. What the actual fuck human female bodies?!

So yeah, pregnancy and birth needs a whole new process. My vote is eggs.

I wouldn't have made humans

No shitting and no gaining weight. Make the food just naturally disolve in the body. No wrinkles....just soft smooth skin forever!!

You would also have to alter elementary physics to get the first two to work.

childbirth if I could only change one thing

Webbed extremities would have been a nice feature to have kept during the whole process.

Testicles. Yeah, put them on the inside!

Without question, and TEETH.

Everybody would be black; less skin cancer. Also I'd get rid of sickle cell anemia in black people ?.

Basilar membrane cillia capable of self repair/regrowth.

No machular degeneration.

Regenerating neurones and nerve cells...

Everything. I'd change everything.

Rat's teeth that constantly grow, like fingernails.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:75299
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.