Agnostic.com

27 3

Americans - How corrupt is your government? If at all!

If so, then what are you doing to do about it!

atheist 8 May 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

27 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I vote every chance I get.

At present, I am ashamed of the USA's government. The Fake President is downright evil, and he is trashing everything good about government. His appointed minions are also doing evil. The Congress is bought and bribed by the NRA, fossil fuel companies, and other special interests. It is a total embarrassment.

Government in general is owned by big business and special interests. What an I going to do about it? I don't see anything I can do about it.

With the Trump cabal in power and with today's morally bankrupt Republicans in power, our government is becoming more and more corrupt by the day. As an 81 year old man, I am voicing my opinion in every medium that I can, contributing money to anti-corruption causes, and making sure that I do not show such moral bankruptcy in any of my behavior.

Dems are as bad. They just usually cover their asses better. I can’t name more than 5 dems that i’d be proud to call my own.

@AstralSmoke I beg to disagree -- strongly!

All governments are corrupt. It is a matter of degree. Ours is pretty corrupt. Until they get the money out of politics it ain't gettin' no better.

I believe corruption exists from the highest level of government politics to the lowest level of office politics. It's not going away. But I can't say its the real problem. The moment a politician is elected into office the focus seems to shift from getting things done to getting re-elected. It's a lot easier to talk about what you want to do and how you're going to do it than it is to actually do it. That's the name of the game now...stay in office.
Keep voting for term limits....short ones. Career politicians have got to go.

It may be the fall of the Roman Empire. Nothing lasts forever. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

godef Level 7 May 11, 2018

Corrupt to the core. What can you do about it? Vote? Lol 99% of the candidates are the same, and the ones that aren't are demonized to the point where the majority of voters ridicule them as being too idealistic or cuckoos. The two parties and corporations have a stranglehold on American politics, media perception and manipulation, and propaganda. I really do think Americans are either too brainwashed or too stupid to change anything through voting.

@atheist I think the Dems are better on social issues.

I believe my government is for sale to the highest bidder. Our elected officials work for lobbyists more than the folks that voted for them.

I know this was asked of Americans but I can tell you from the UK that ours is corrupt too. There is a veneer of apparent decency and honesty (at least by some) but if you scratch below the surface.............well it's a blue pill red pill conundrum, how deep does the rabbit warren go.

I read Private Eye to discover how deep!

There's a saying:-
"The trough never changes, only the pigs feeding from it."

It seems to sum up the world of political government, especially where even junior government posts are politically appointed. And worse where judicial posts are subject to political election results, so that even judges are subject to patronage.

At the moment?

Pretty bloody corrupt.

there all corrupt as are most humans but we need them seemingly. I won't vote and be responsible as there all professional liars.

@atheist very hard my friend

It's as corrupt as any other out there, the only difference is it's our government not someone else's.

@atheist Money and power will always breed corruption. Some people have lower ethics and can't think beyond propelling themselves upward in the ranks. How do you avoid that? You can't.
You could clean out the greedy from the ranks but others will pop back up to take their place later. It will be a short term solution at best. There is no fix other than waiting for society to grow and each individual to take personal responsibility for their words and actions.

Bought and paid for.

From the founding of the country, the primary concern of he government was to insure large profits. Most internal economic problems have been caused by this.

Currently virtually the entire Republican party and about half the democrats do the biddign of the rich, to insure larger profits for them. I'd say that is pretty corrupt.

It's extremely corrupt, thanks to capitalism. What am I doing about it? Nothing. I don't know what I can do about it.

Buy a new government? 🙂

@Petter I wish we could return to the idea that elected officials serve the people that elected them and remove money completely out of government (no lobbyist) and have a two-term limit on all offices.

@AstralSmoke No lobbyists would be an immediate improvement - backed up by mandatory gaol sentences for anyone attempting to lobby. Then the removal of "pork barrel" politics.

@atheist If one can make it a career, possibly. I vote, but I’m only one voice and my voting never changes anything. I try to concern myself with other things rather than politics. Life is to be lived.

Extremely corrupt… I write my congressman, I protest, I run a Twitter page to encourage voting and I vote.

There's not much that CAN be done, and what can be done is being done.

Completely corrupt. Just like the government in every country I've traveled to.

Man, idk. I’m just waiting around to die.

@atheist eh

It’s hard to say. I’ve never seen any corruption, but doesn’t mean much. I suppose I’m doing nothing, but I’m trying to fix things at home before I go off trying to fix the world.

1. Very corrupt
  2. Not much

My government is mildly corrupt.
Nothing to compare with the American level though.

With the amount f sub contractng G4S is doing at the moment I got a feeling there's a lot more than you think

Very corrupt, we know this but keep our head in the sand. Although I think some people go into politics with good intentions, they soon learn what they have to do to succeed. On a larger scale, no matter who the president is, America will do what America does...look out for our self interest...take the resources that we need...create war and conflict wherever someone stands against us.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:79074
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.