Agnostic.com

90 13

Do you care if you are remembered when you die?

EmeraldJewel 7 May 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

90 comments (76 - 90)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No, and tbh, not that fussed if i am while I'm alive

Atleast for a while, would be nice but I won't ever know, so I guess I don't.

No one is remembered past a couple of generations even by their own families except for the famous, and only a few of them are remembered in history for any length of time. So unless you are a Lincoln, Hitler, Cleopatra, or a Julius Caesar forget about it.

If I can get to where I can conduct sidewalk telescope viewings I will hope someone will carry that on for the kids.
I hope I am missed when I die, but I have no choice in that.

Less & less.. I appreciated learning of relatives having gone before me, and it was comforting to the ones still around to see ‘one of theirs’ interested. Maybe someday a distant relative will be equally fascinated by what evidence of my existence can be found? ‘Imagine, he didn’t believe in a god ..clear back then!

Varn Level 8 May 12, 2018

No i do not care

magna Level 2 May 12, 2018

No, but I know I will be until they die too.

I hope to be swiftly forgotten already before I die. Preferably perish and be buried as a Doe, as if I was never here,.

Yes. i don't know why. i won't know if they do. somehow i do anyway.

g

I've heard that the final stage in death is when nobody remembers you any more .I'd like my kids and grand kids remember me

I hope to outlive all my friends... but seriously, it would be nice to leave some kind of positive legacy, something that people can enjoy of my having been here after I am gone.

Denker Level 7 July 25, 2018

What you mean by when you die? What you consider yourself to be?
Me personally, another iteration of life as a process/reaction. For how long I've been alive I don't know and how long will I survive I don't know either. For now my only hope is to reproduce. Might suck I won't be able to remember, but might have some advantages.

Not really. Just going to enjoy life while I’m here.

My grandchild will have my hard drives and will know what to do with it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:79259
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.