Agnostic.com

58 5

If you had to choose between keeping 30 grand or bailing a loved one out of prison with the money, which one would you choose?

EmeraldJewel 7 May 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

58 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I would keep the money. We each must pay for our own mistakes or wrongdoings.

Keep the money, but I live in Europe.

3K at 10% for a bond. If 30k was 10%, it would be clear that they think he did something really wrong. Better to spend the money on a lawyer.

The Crime? ...the crime? THE CRIME?

Depends on who the person is and what they were accused of doing....but, generally, people who are in jail NEED to stay there if only to learn that they hate it and don't want to go back.

@SilverDollarJedi so yeah, if they are in for drugs, hopefully they will get clean in there and change their ways Same for the drunks.

@SilverDollarJedi Cancer is a medical issue. Drug use is a CHOICE. So you wouldn't put a drunk driver in jail? That's stupid. Really stupid. Anyone driving impaired needs locked up. Dumb CHOICES should not put the rest of us at risk.

@SilverDollarJedi Yeah...except I have a BS in Psychology and did my internship at a drug and alcohol rehab center. People MAKE choices. If their choices SUCK, that doesn't mean it's a "medical" issue. You can call an elephant a duck...but it's still an elephant. If you don't want to be in prison, don't make dumb choices and do things that are illegal. For the record, I don't support the war on drugs and I think marijuana should be legalized. However, just because I think that doesn't mean I'm going to ever ever ever break the laws. If you want to smoke pot legally, move to a state where it's legal. But if you smoke it and get behind the wheel...then your ass needs to go to jail. Don't like the laws? Then get your ass into politics and work to change them. But don't sit in your room, smoke pot all day, and pretend to be victimized by your situation.

@SilverDollarJedi Here, fill this out...

The only conditions under which I would put down $39,000 for a person's bail would be (1) if I were convinced that the person was not guilty of the charges, and (2) I really cared about the person. Even if I really cared about the person, if I thought he or she was guilty, I would not put down the bail money. If uou did the crime, you need to accept all of the consequences.

I'd keep the money. There is no "loved one" in my life that I care enough about to bail them out.

Either this was you at one time or it will be you at some future point. If you were in your loved ones spot, what would you want to happen?

In the spirit in which I believe your question was posed, I would not hesitate to bail out my loved one. I wouldn't even think about it.

If I’m the one they shot, no! Otherwise will take it on a case by case basis.

By default I would bail out the loved one. If, upon consultation with the said loved one, we decide that first option is better than, I would keep the money!

If I loved them I would bail them out. Otherwise I wouldn't claim that I loved them.

That is one hefty bond...I would use my house as collateral if I thought the person was falsely charged...of course the loved one has to show up in court for you not to risk losing the house, but there is at least other ways to gather the money before the court actually starts proceedings on collecting on your home...you have more options than laying out cash...you can use the cash later if the loved one is a scumbag and skips...but if a bond is set that high, I am betting they are guilty...I would use the money to get a divorce...

Well it would depend on the love. And second it would also depend on what the love one did as well...

Depends on what they did. If they are innocent, I'd bail the out. If not, let justice be done.

I'd find someone else to bail them out and then keep the money 🙂 However, as long as the loved one doesn't skip bail you get the money back anyway after trial or plea, so it's a win-win.

lerlo Level 8 Jan 2, 2019

Def keep it!

I think i am quite lucky all my loved one are out of prison and not prison type so yeah if there were falsely imprisoned i would bail them out thats me

Rosh Level 7 May 28, 2018

This would have to be tested in real life

Bail

It Depends really

The only conditions under which I would put down $39,000 for a person's bail would be (1) if I were convinced that the person was not guilty of the charges, and (2) I really cared about the person. Even if I really cared about the person, if I thought he or she was guilty, I would not put down the bail money. If uou did the crime, you need to accept all of the consequences.

The only conditions under which I would put down $39,000 for a person's bail would be (1) if I were onvinced that the person was not guilty of the charges, and (2) I really cared about the person. Even if I eally cared about the person, if I thought he or she was guilty, I would not put down the bail money. If uou did the crime, you need to accept all of the consequences.

The only conditions under which I would put down $39,000 for a person's bail would be (1) if I were onvinced that the person was not guilty of the charges, and (2) I really cared about the person. Even if I eally cared about the person, if I thought he or she was guilty, I would not put down the bail money. If uou did the crime, you need to accept all of the consequences.

It would really depend on the family member and what they did.There are only like 4 family members I care about enough to do that for.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:92396
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.