Agnostic.com

84 14

Casual relationship

A casual relationship where both parties are expected to be monogamous. What would you call that??

ashortbeauty 8 May 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

84 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

How casual is anything that has expectations of exclusivity? Christian Dating?

Good point

Not too casual .

So just a tad beyond casual?

@ashortbeauty I think so.

A really good idea if that's what you both want and agreed on.

And if not what both want?

@ashortbeauty Compromise if can. If you've reached an impasse where one is saying I have to have this and the other is saying I can't do it then that's an answer too.

Decidedly not casual.

You can label it anything you want. I enjoy these relationships.

I'm at my happiest when I have friends to arrange to spend time with (women and men), and a woman to call and go and see (or they come to see me) if I fancy intimacy etc.. It's a perfect arrangement. It's the best of both worlds.

KenG Level 6 May 31, 2018

A prelude to a better life. If you want it of course.

Nardi Level 7 May 31, 2018

In a polyamorous relationship a lover who does not live with the family is a paramour, IIRC. As long as all parties disclose their activities, not necessarily the details, it isn't cheating. It is also not casual.

A monogamous intimate relationship.

Casually serious

Uncasual

I don't know, but it sounds great to me. I'm a bit of a commitment phobe, but I'm into monogamy.

It's called "Nope." Too many potential mindgames here.

For some people, "casual" might mean any relationship where marriage isn't a clear expectation (i.e., actively working toward a formal, official commitment). To me, though, casual but monogamous would simply mean that we're not pursuing romantic interests elsewhere, but we don't have the expectation that we'll coordinate all of our time around one another — so we're scheduling time for one another, but we're not living together, our lives aren't so intertwined that we are continually checking in with one another, and we don't have an expectation that weekends and/or evenings are automatically spent together. For me, it's an issue of coordinating time to spend with each other as part of our schedule, as opposed to conforming our schedules to one another by default.

I would call it non-committal. If you’re cool with that, so be it. If you’re not, time to move on.

I hear ya

A relationship. Every relationship should be discussed and you should both have an understanding of the expectations and be able to agree on them. If you don't, it's not a relationship yet, just a negotiation.

From years of experience I'd call it marriage.

Ya think? Cause I don't recall seeing no judge lol

Nothing based in reality.

My thoughts

We finally find a disagreement. Everything based in reality. IMHO

I would call it my kind of relationship. That has been what most of my relationships have been, what I prefer and still look for to this day.

I'm hearing that from a lot of males...

@ashortbeauty If you read my profile you will see that I stated my position right up front for all to see.

@jlynn37 I know

@ashortbeauty Thank you.

Wistful thinking 🙂

Something that sounds like one party who doesn't want pressure to have a commitment but wants sex as needed.

It sounds like it's not casual.

That's my thought but he Just used those words last night

@ashortbeauty I don't consider a monogamous relationship to be casual. To me, casual would be "just dating," or being in a more open relationship where you are both free to see other people. Not advocating for or against. That's just what I think.

@IAMGROOT what you think is what I was looking for. Ty

Not my cup of tea. But I don't do monogamy or casual. To each their own.

I am monogamous but not usually casual. That's the part that's throwing me

@ashortbeauty I agree! “Casual” sounds like either one of you can replace the other at a whim!

@ashortbeauty it's certainly a strange phrase.

Not casual to me. To me casual means you can sleep with whoever you want.

I never been a slave owner. I never owned anyone. Not even my wife when used to have one, she wasn't mine.

Is it a new relationship or have they been together for awhile?

For a while

@ashortbeauty if they both are happy in the situation. Then it doesn’t really matter.

@Neeooo420 one's questioning and not completely contento

@ashortbeauty Maybe it's time to get out?

@Neeooo420 possibly

@ashortbeauty It’s tough to just walk away from a relationship though. If you’re in love. That old heart won’t allow you to give up so easily lol.

@Neeooo420 it can be, yes

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:95161
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.