Agnostic.com
4 9

Elon Musk Pissed Apple Stopped Most of Its Advertising on Twitter

The Financial Times reports that Elon Musk personally called the chief executives of companies pulling advertising from Twitter to complain. Media Matters released a report suggesting Twitter has now lost half of its top 100 advertisers. Ad sales account for nearly 90% of Twitter's revenue. In addition, there is also talk that Apple and Google may pull the “Twitter app” from their App Stores. This inspired Musk to tweet “Apple has mostly stopped advertising on Twitter. Do they hate free speech in America?” Musk then followed up by tweeting “What’s going on here @tim_cook?”

Wow, it seems Elon is going full “Space-Karen” on Apple, and is “demanding to speak to the manager.” Now, is it just me, or does it seem like every time some MAGA jerk doesn't get their way or someone disagrees with them, it suddenly becomes a “free speech issue?”

But I can see Elon Musk’s point. I mean, who could imagine a company that wouldn’t be thrilled to death to advertise on the same page where neo-Nazis are posting racist hate speech, misogyny, racial purity, homophobia, election fraud lies, Russian propaganda, COVID disinformation, or Marjorie Taylor Greene’s insane conspiracy theories?

That’s why Musk feels the need to inform Apple that the First Amendment requires all major corporations to advertise on hateful, bigoted, right-wing social media platforms. The Founding Fathers were quite clear about that. Put another way, if you’re not sending your advertising dollars the world’s richest billionaire’s way, then you’re obviously against free speech.

Now, not to be critical, but I’m surprised Musk is still so enthusiastic about “free speech” at this point. I mean, it appears "free speech" just cost Elon a cool $44 billion. You see, free speech only means the government cannot jail you for what you’ve said. It is not a 100% consequence-free activity. Perhaps he should have thought of that before flushing “Twitter” down the “Shitter.”

*If you’ve enjoyed what you’ve just read, please consider joining me at😘 [johnnyrobish.medium.com]

johnnyrobish 8 Nov 29
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"Madness in great ones must not unwatched go."
Wm Shakespeare

Mooolah Level 8 Nov 29, 2022

He would have been better off paying the $1 billion penalty and going back to where people protected him from himself. One thing corporate advertisers shy away from is any type of controversy, allowing the people that were booted off for causing controversy was a sure fire way to insure that advertisers left in droves.

glennlab Level 9 Nov 29, 2022

The industrial scale mass murder of 9 million innocents was the free speech of German Christians.

Musk, like Trump, is a Hitler wanna-be.

racocn8 Level 8 Nov 29, 2022

Puts a kick me sign on his own ass and then whines that it hurts when he sits down. What a jack wagon. 🙄

Garban Level 8 Nov 29, 2022
Write Comment

Recent Visitors 22

Photos 730 More

Posted by KilltheskyfairyWhen you know you losing ground…

Posted by KilltheskyfairyWhen you know you losing ground…

Posted by glennlabChildren should be given as much information as they need on all subjects.

Posted by glennlabCNN decide to take a turn to the right, looks like it is the worst decision since new coke. They lost their old views and failed to attract new ones.

Posted by johnnyrobishMegyn Kelly Pissed NFL Announcers Referred to Jill Biden as ‘Doctor’ In a fit of rage, Megyn Kelly expressed her extreme displeasure over announcers referring to Jill Biden as “Doctor” ...

Posted by glennlabThe two parties are NOT the same

Posted by glennlabThe two parties are NOT the same

Posted by glennlabIt makes my head hurt.

Posted by glennlabIt makes my head hurt.

Posted by glennlabI have been making this argument for years, but people would rather fund wars in Central and South America than leave well enough alone.

Posted by glennlabWho can name him or what state he is from?

Posted by glennlabDid they pass the written portion of the gun owners test? Wait, there isn't one.

Posted by KilltheskyfairyMonopoly wasn't invented by the Parker Brothers, nor the man they gave it credit for.

Posted by glennlabI wear it proudly

Posted by glennlabEvery freaking day anymore

Posted by glennlabI really hate giving Tucker space but he has so much to unpack.

• Top tags#DonaldTrump #politics #republicans #satire #humor #hell #News #Christian #video #children #government #vote #comedy #god #world #reason #hope #truth #religion #laws #money #religious #democrats #friends #USA #Jesus #Bible #kids #sex #death #evidence #book #church #parents #GOP #Congress #TheTruth #democratic #Song #campaign #conspiracy #dogs #justice #media #rights #currentevents #guns #federal #WhiteHouse #relationship ...

Members 296Top

Moderators